Welcome to Dank's barn grow.

Dankdude

In a cloud of Smoke
I went and baught some clones yesterday and transplanted them today.
I got 6 Lemon Cookies (GSC x Lemon Haze) and 6 Nightmare OG ( Tahoe OG x Blue Dream).
I will be adding 6 plants every two weeks until the room is full.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks barefoot, I'll post more pictures as I go.

Yeah Dr. Bush I'm going to make the best of what i have. My patients will be glad once these are done.

Dr. Smitty, that's the whole idea, perpetual harvest.
That way I'm not slammed when it's time to harvest
Pull 6 at a time, trim and replace with more plants.
These two strains have about two weeks apart as far as flowering time.
Should be harvesting the Lemon Cookies first and then 2 weeks later the Nightmare OG. Or Vise versa.
I will be trying to get a better camera so that my pictures will get better, cell phone pictures suck.

Last edited:
Back on the horse again!
Nice to see you setting up again Dank. I'm working towards a perpetual myself, as funds allow. Will be watching your progress.

Well it was cold last night, (28° F) and the temperature in the room got down to (66°F) and the highest I have recorded was (81°F).
I pHed the water coming straight out of the tap it was 7.8.
I mixed 50 gallons of Organic Nutrients and pHed it down to 5.9.
The girls were happy this morning and all the leaves were pointing up towards the lights.
I'd say they are recovering from the transplant nicely.

:cigar2:

Looking good Dankdude,:salut: Love the lineup and thanks for sharing it with us...you could cut a sheet of 4 x 8 Styrofoam insulation in half and put it under your grow trays...I do this up on the mountain and it works great...good luck to you and your grow...take care n stay safe.

Looking good Dankdude,:salut: Love the lineup and thanks for sharing it with us...you could cut a sheet of 4 x 8 Styrofoam insulation in half and put it under your grow trays...I do this up on the mountain and it works great...good luck to you and your grow...take care n stay safe.

Thanks, yeah I'm at 6,800 feet above sea level this is something I will take into consideration as money allows.. I also need to get a res heater, I am using a black 55 gallon barrel as a rez.

I just have to add 6 or 12 more clones in two more weeks.:woohoo:

Wrap your pots with a few layers of bubble wrap, the insulation that provides is amazing

Warm feed is your friend during cold weather
I will consider this.

Get a temperature gauge with a remote probe off eBay for each pot, they're only about $2
Already have one with a remote.

I assumpe with a ph of 5.9 you're in coco?
Actually I'm in soil, this is the way we did it at the commercial grow where I was working, they were growing in soil as well. I questioned it at first, but the plants were doing well.
I also take a pH reading of the runoff.
The plant are doing well.

Man, you would not believe the last 3 days.
Wednesday we had 18 inches of snow, the electricity went out at 10:00PM that night.
We were without electricity for 36 hours.
I had to bring the plants up to the house so they wouldn't freeze.
Well, we just took the plants back down to the barn this morning.
We also took a propane space heater down to the barn this morning so that we don't have those kind of temperature swings again.
I will take pictures on the next update.

:ridinghorse:

sounds like the cold temps are gonna be an issue dankdude, is the propane heater gonna be your main source of heat...

Yeah it's the only thing I got at this time.
I'm going to have to figure out something different once I throw these girls into flower. I'm running 24 hour veg to keep the plants warm. Once I flip, it will get cold fast when the lights go out. Thinking maybe an electric room heater in the flower room, I'll have to figure out what to do outside the tack room in the rest of the barn where I'll be vegging my mother plants and clones.
May have to invest in a tent and a heater.

Sometime this month I'm going to install a light controller, that way I can eventually run multiple lights on one timer.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• received_170984933849010.jpg
    received_170984933849010.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 144
  • received_1633886170045300.jpg
    received_1633886170045300.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 145
Well it ain't pretty, but it will work.
Today my wife and I hung up some foam rubber on the walls and will be adding more this week. It seems to be stabilizing the room temperatures. Swings aren't all that drastic.

picture.php

Well I'm happy and so are the girls.
It only got down to 70°F in the room the temperature outside was 25°F.
Tomorrow night will be the real test, it's supposed to get down to 14°F.

The girls made it out ok, over the last few days the lowest my temperatures have gotten has been around 68°F.
They starting to like their environment. The roots are growing so fast that they are already coming out the drain holes in the bottom of the 3 gallon pots.
Tomorrow we will be transplanting them into 5 gallon grow bags.

picture.php

Back