Water Probelms...

Reibsi

Dirt Farmer
...Well I was just getting ready to leave here when I noticed my water is now own to a trickle...I have my own well and the holding tank is reading 40-45 lbs of pressure...is this enough to pump my water?...I am also not hearing the clicking sound my pump usually makes...any suggestions before I commit to a plumber...rusty points on the relay maybe......take care n stay safe.

That gauge is pressure of your holding tank not your pump 40 45 psi is good

A trickle, how is your filters? Sediment full? I had wells all my life, not hearing click? Is this pump on pump off? Look at contacts, any sign of burn?

had one house that had a needle well pump

Thank you for the help DNF and Bush Dr...I don`t see a thermal cut off but then again I have no ides what one looks like,lol...I`ve looked at the contacts and they appear to be closed, no rust on them...thinking one of the 2 fuses might be bad so I`m gonna go get some new ones...the pump will click as it turns on and off but it aint clicking...thanks again and take care n stay safe.

Bushdr is correct, shut off breaker and see if it resets, my bet sediment, I rah triple filters every month replace, my well was 257ft thru granite in my of NJ

Fuses, lol, would not pass US code, toss a penny n screw in fuse.............

Looks like fuse on the left is blown. Make sure you get the proper amp replacement.

Problem solved but it took a toke or two before I figured it out...it was a blocked screen on my water intake...pressure is back to normal and it didn`t cost me a penny, which doesn`t exist anymore in Canada ...thanks for your help Gentlemen and take care n stay safe.

Where you guage is usually there is small electrical box that has the contacts and the pressure adjustment within it. Be careful because I have got a poke from these before and it isn't fun. Put your left hand in your back pocket so the current doesn't run across your heart. If the clicking noise you are not hearing is from those contacts and what I assume you are referring to open that contact box and make sure a spider or bug and any debris isn't between the contacts. You can also adjust your pressure there and is what calls from more water in your holding take (I believe).

Is that the clicking noise you are referring to?

Happy you got it worked out Ribs..
I had my well built 17 years ago and she still pumps up unlimited water and I use a lot of water, mostly in the summer for 5 gardens...
been getting worried about what if it breaks down but I have emergency water tanks just in case..
for the house I have 2 large water filters and a small one that collects any mud which I have to clean daily..it's a pain in the ass but at least I don't have a water bill..

Where you guage is usually there is small electrical box that has the contacts and the pressure adjustment within it. Be careful because I have got a poke from these before and it isn't fun. Put your left hand in your back pocket so the current doesn't run across your heart. If the clicking noise you are not hearing is from those contacts and what I assume you are referring to open that contact box and make sure a spider or bug and any debris isn't between the contacts. You can also adjust your pressure there and is what calls from more water in your holding take (I believe).

Is that the clicking noise you are referring to?
The contacts seemed to be working fine BCE...I did drain the holding tank to check the pressure before I found the blocked intake...no clicking sound so the contacts are fine, at least I hope they are...I had everything replaced from the water pump to the hoses and all the electrical about 5 years ago so I should`ve known that is was something else...thanks for your help and take care n stay safe.

Happy you got it worked out Ribs..
I had my well built 17 years ago and she still pumps up unlimited water and I use a lot of water, mostly in the summer for 5 gardens...
been getting worried about what if it breaks down but I have emergency water tanks just in case..
for the house I have 2 large water filters and a small one that collects any mud which I have to clean daily..it's a pain in the ass but at least I don't have a water bill..

I hear ya Rosso and I replaced mine with a stronger pump and new everything so I should be good for awhile...and paying for water just does not sound right....enjoy your day man and take care n stay safe.

Back