uva uvb bulbs

pi

ive not been too involved in uva uvb since vic high did much of his work 22 years ago.

i ran across some discussion re solarcure uva uvb bulbs. they are used for many things including curing marijuana and stressing plants for an increase in trichome and thc.

has anybody tried these bulbs?

not sure what vic did

we have been discussing uva uvb on another forum

..i am also trying to find particular nm led diodes..we will see

i do not know about solar cure..

i am interested in whther any of the uv's help promote more resin

the person who seems to know the most[not me] swears you need a real medical bulb

and that not necessarily all the spetrums are good for plants..in fact..it may be a narrow band

Last edited:
I have. I used UVB t5s for a number of runs. To say there was anything noticeable would be a lie. I think at best, it helps fight off bugs and mold. You would need a lot of them to achieve anything useful. I stopped using them and switched to a 12k double ended bulb by solistek. Way more uvb output, plus blue spectrum. At the very least, kore noticable than t5s or the like. From what I learned, you really nees like tanning bed type stuff. Anything else is a waste, and admittedly, a lot of members on here suggested that but stubborn me had to find out for myself. If you're going to do it, go big, run a supplemental hps/mh. Cant comment on LEDs. I still like to run 12k with my HPS to hit the full spectrum. The UVB is suppose to hurt mites and bugs, plus mold. UVC is bad all around, and UVA is useless. And yes, I thought resin production increased, but maybe subjective and need to research on your own.

thanks breezeasy for the update..do you have a spectrum chart for the bulb..i heard uva was useless too and only special nm'sin he uvb range

Last edited:

Hey, I see some people selling strips that have the samsung lm301b white diodes and red spectrum diodes in the same strip. Are they having those custom made or is there somewhere that makes them and a person like me can buy them who wants to save money but doesnt want to buy enought to start selling lights? I saw a few strips at digikey but I couldnt find the strips with the red in it. Hope that makes sense. I think I need to build my own light because I need to cover a funky area 4'8" x 6' and I want it lit from the rooter to the tooter lol

Hey, I see some people selling strips that have the samsung lm301b white diodes and red spectrum diodes in the same strip. Are they having those custom made or is there somewhere that makes them and a person like me can buy them who wants to save money but doesnt want to buy enought to start selling lights? I saw a few strips at digikey but I couldnt find the strips with the red in it. Hope that makes sense. I think I need to build my own light because I need to cover a funky area 4'8" x 6' and I want it lit from the rooter to the tooter lol
hit up Russel on IG @r2thk i don't think the site it totally up to date

Back in 2007, Marijuana Man did an episode on PotTV called 'THC, UVB and me'. It was pretty informative...but apparently the video of the show has since been scrubbed from both CC and YT.:dunno: I remember him talking aboot a grower he consulted with in preperation for the episode, who had run trials to help determine how long to have the UV lighting on for....his conclusion was just 2 hours a day, in the middle of the 'on' cycle. And I think he was just using UV lighting from a pet store, normally used for lizards and such. MM did say there was a noticeable difference in potency between non-UVB vs UVB.

I would also take into consideration that HID lighting throws off some UVB, and that the glass on some bulbs shield the UV light from passing through.

Have always wanted to pick up one of those lights and try it myself.:)

Back in 2007, Marijuana Man did an episode on PotTV called 'THC, UVB and me'. It was pretty informative...but apparently the video of the show has since been scrubbed from both CC and YT.:dunno: I remember him talking aboot a grower he consulted with in preperation for the episode, who had run trials to help determine how long to have the UV lighting on for....his conclusion was just 2 hours a day, in the middle of the 'on' cycle. And I think he was just using UV lighting from a pet store, normally used for lizards and such. MM did say there was a noticeable difference in potency between non-UVB vs UVB.

I would also take into consideration that HID lighting throws off some UVB, and that the glass on some bulbs shield the UV light from passing through.

Have always wanted to pick up one of those lights and try it myself.:)
Ordering some lights will let ya know bro with a show :puffpuffpass:

i really liek how my plants grow with the Hortilux Super Veg bulbs. I see more trichome production on the buds and, although i am probably biased, more potency. i ahve no proof of this, but it seems liek it to me.

my theory, Cannabis plants growing in the wild get the most UVb on June 21st while they are still in vegetative growth. the amount of UVb then gradually dwindles as the plants start to flower and byt he time they are in full flower, the amount of UVb is markedly less. So I use the Superveg bulbs in veg and dont worry too much about Uvb in flower. Seems to be working nicely for me

Ordering some lights will let ya know bro with a show :puffpuffpass:

That is one show that I would follow very closely....do as many pics as you'd like.:teeth:

Not that I don't trust Marijuana Man's evaluation....but let's face it, he's not a grower, and he smokes an awful lot of pot.:p

Back