Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spyder 2P

• Spyder 2i

• Gavita

• Total voters
ok well i spoke to a guy at Mammoth. He was very enlightening. The power cord will work for either 240 or 110, which is a huge relief. I run a titan light controller and the plug receptacles on it are yur basic 110 grounded plug type. Also, they are running about a month out on production, which i can live with. The new 8 bar uv light is actually more light than the 10 bar one they discontinued. The new one is 6 bars of LED, which they added a lot more diodes to each bar, and 2 bars of UV. He said the company making the UV diodes makes them special for Mammoth. The new 8 bar is a monster, he said, and weighs less. It price tag is 1250 each, so I'll probably be getting 2 by fall i hope.

He mentioned how much better the plants do with the UV. I agreed and told him of my UV in veg theory. He told me that sounded very interesting and he would throw that at his research team...........i might be onto something........

Glad you got ahold of them and I can't wait to see you rock them. I've always been a fan of the uv addition.

Glad you got ahold of them and I can't wait to see you rock them. I've always been a fan of the uv addition.

yes i was very happy after talking to this guy. He genuinely was excited about this new light that replaced the 10 bar UV fixture. It's nice not be spoken down to like i'm just some burn out stoner like i've gotten from so many other companies. this guy, Ryan was his name, has earned my business in just that fact. If you've ever called AN customer support, you know what i am taking about. In their defense, and given some of the posts I've seen on other websites, it may be justified somewhat, but still........

I was just looking at a supplemental LED "light bar" that adds UV, Blue and Red and Far Red LEDs; designed to be used with COB fixtures. The UV is for resin/terps, and the reds are for warming the leaf surface and increasing production.

https://www.rapidled.com/mass-medical-strains-supplement-bar/

I think my next LED fixtures (when I wear out the Nextlight Megas) will be COB-based. The efficiency and intensity are better. And the LED products keep getting better as tech evolves.

I was just looking at a supplemental LED "light bar" that adds UV, Blue and Red and Far Red LEDs; designed to be used with COB fixtures. The UV is for resin/terps, and the reds are for warming the leaf surface and increasing production.

I think my next LED fixtures (when I wear out the Nextlight Megas) will be COB-based. The efficiency and intensity are better. And the LED products keep getting better as tech evolves.

i have a cob LED fixture from BC Blondes and love it. got a great deal on it - it was being phased out for their game changer model which uses a little less electricity, but i still love it. plants do too

not a bad price on that bar, my friend. thanks for sharing. I may throw something like that in the veg room

yes i was very happy after talking to this guy. He genuinely was excited about this new light that replaced the 10 bar UV fixture. It's nice not be spoken down to like i'm just some burn out stoner like i've gotten from so many other companies. this guy, Ryan was his name, has earned my business in just that fact. If you've ever called AN customer support, you know what i am taking about. In their defense, and given some of the posts I've seen on other websites, it may be justified somewhat, but still........

It is nice not being talked down to glad they treated you well. Treating a customer rude is never a good policy. But I guess when your as big as AN who care about the little guy anymore.

I have this little guyScreenshot_20200702-084823_Gallery.jpg

It worked very well for vegging tomatoes this winter.

It is nice not being talked down to glad they treated you well. Treating a customer rude is never a good policy. But I guess when your as big as AN who care about the little guy anymore.

in their defense, I can only imagine the phone calls they get from noobs.......... can i use this with that and if i use this how much will my yield go up.........???? lol

Lmao yeah I bet they get some good ones. At least someone starting in this age has good information easily available. I had to wait a month for a high times mag to come out. Then I said to my self why don't I just grow plants like grandpa I don't need this rock wool stuff.

it is a weed, after all. lol.

Although there are times when i shake my head and wonder how this plant actually survives in the wild............

Not many of todays polys would make it in my climate I know that for sure. But I've seen some plants growing fine in Afghanistan with a little snow on the ground natural selection and climate acclamation is key.

this is probably what i will go with for the flower room. I picked up a 6 bar for the veg rooms and the plants love it. check out the PPF rating of 2711 umols, and PPE of 3.05

I might go to leds some day. Been growing with floros and sunshine since forever. I tried HPS once, damn things are too hot.

I will note that the BC Blondes LED i have in Flower is doing pretty well. Penetration int0 the canopy isn't terribly great but the buds like the light.

not that I am a cheap fella, but it just doesn't make sense to pay $1600 for a spyder when i can get an 8 bar modular light with a better warranty for almost ess that half the price from Mammoth

Back