timer for digi-ballast?

But because they include this disclaimer in their description, it leads me to believe they've had regular issues...
HINT: If not functioning properly, plug in for 5 min and press the reset button. This generally fixes any problem.

never had any issues. :dunno:

I use noma electronic timers with the realization I will be changing them out yearly. For safety the intermatic t101 is the way to go for worry free operation.
That's what I'm getting next on the say so of every electrician I've asked... Unless I cheap out ;)

Yard light, that's what my 1k is for.:glare:

I an using a couple of smart plugs and the times is always accurate and no need to worry about DST if you are in one of those zones Scheduling is set up on an app on the phone. I am using plugs made by TP link.

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Controls-Digital-Timer-Outlet/dp/B004LP1FKY

The item description on Amazon states:

Two outlets and a 15 Amp capacity
Can be configured in numerous timing schedules to meet the most demanding timing requirements
Battery back-up feature saves settings if power goes out
Heavy duty construction
<<<<<<<<<<Not for use with digital ballasts >>>>>>>>>

I have a digi 400 that I would want to use occasionally...I could get a magnetic I suppose,but that makes it a little more expensive.

I use noma electronic timers with the realization I will be changing them out yearly. For safety the intermatic t101 is the way to go for worry free operation.
That's what I'm getting next on the say so of every electrician I've asked... Unless I cheap out ;)

Yard light, that's what my 1k is for.:glare:

I'd think about going the Intermatic route,but I am completely lost when it comes to electrical stuff.

I'd think about going the Intermatic route,but I am completely lost when it comes to electrical stuff.

That's what I used to think then bought myself a time-life book on home electrical which changed my electrical life.
I also bought the electrical code book for housing which was about 100 pages and reinforced the time book.

It really is easier than it looks.

Intermatic T101 for the win. Even if you only use 1 light, someday you may want more and the T101 will safely take the extra load and faithfully trigger the ballasts for prolly more years than you will grow. my current T 101 is just 12 years old and looks and operates like new, i expect it to last longer than me:D

2b2s

I think there was a mention of Titan Controls brand digital timers earlier in the thread, and I just wanted to chime in that the manufacturer explicitly states on the instruction sheet enclosed with the timer that they are not intended for use with electronic ballasts. I bought three and they sat on the shelf until I switched to LED fixtures (which they run just fine).

I think there was a mention of Titan Controls brand digital timers earlier in the thread, and I just wanted to chime in that the manufacturer explicitly states on the instruction sheet enclosed with the timer that they are not intended for use with electronic ballasts. I bought three and they sat on the shelf until I switched to LED fixtures (which they run just fine).

been running them for years.

Back