there once was a time I had a cupboard under the stairs

Sheik_Jerbuti

Naked Member ಠ_ಠ
I visited it recently.. lol

a friend of mine owns the stairs now, and everything else of course .. they are still debating using it for various reasons

but I'm tired of the vagaries of the retail market in a less than free state, and looking at led's for my new 50gal aquarium triggered the giant retailer to show me led panels suitable for other things.. so a couple led panels will be here today, and a couple 48x48x80 grow tents will be here tomorrow ..

Fans and filters and "stuff" to come .. lol

Haven't really gotten as far as deciding exact method.. other than 'not dirt'..

I'll try and remember to post here more regularly as things get going and decisions get made

Just worried about enough for myself and one other...

Peace.. puff puff pass

Ps: anyone know what happened to the old thread

It was called the cupboard under the stairs, I started it in 2006? when I joined the first time .. im pretty sure it was deleted when I had a security breach

I went with vivosun for all the above, went ahead and got some basic filters and fans as well .. ita all kinda cheap, so we will see how it works out

Last edited:
So, no pictures yes, but it's easy enough to look up..

The Vivosun 4x4x7 tent.. once you set one up, it all makes sense

Just follow the directions .. then flip it back over, because you did it upside-down.. lol

Easily enough to put together, very easy to take apart.. after doing some testing I tore down the setup in about 15 min, lights , filter , down and packed up in 15 min

Did testing with the 4" fan and filter on med-high and two 100w led panels on high

The interior temp was about 2deg over 24 hrs..

Will see what the future brings ..

[MENTION=209]przcvctm[/MENTION]: He went with Vivosun for everything (fan, tent, filter, etc.). It's a popular cheap brand. Not sure about durability, not having used that brand.

As 180 said, the vivosun 4" .. fan and filter for 120$ the 6" is 20$ more

It runs relatively quiet, and cheap enough that having a spair isn't a stretch financially

It has a built in speed controller that goes WAY down, but you still get motor hum, so it's not much quieter slowed down..

The carbon filter seems pretty effective .. I put cinnamon oil on a washcloth and stuffed it in the air intake.. the inside very quickly smelled , but the smell never really made it into the room

The tent seems well made.. the light panels also..
two 100w led panels (1000w equivalent?) Really are very bright and seem well made

A 4x4 tent, fan,filter and two lights... For less than 1000$ with everything but the media and the plants, I don't tbink one could go wrong.

We will see what time brings us

Last edited:
So...DHMO is another name for water? Yup, please don't inhale, it could kill you. It is used in nuclear plants for cooling. It does cause rust. etc. Those are things that water does.

High Sheik! Rock that tent out, my friend. Love me some Zappa too

Grow on

Thanks Guy .. ita funny how many neither get the reference nor the joke..

I get messages from people I have been in threads with for years there say .. OMG I JUST got it ..

I have also gotten 'hate speech comments ..

and gotten confused with Mustafa, who was actually another member posing under two names..

I have always used this name in the canna forums though.

Decided due to ease of access and lack of "equipment" I'm going to start with coco,
I may end up with a few hempybuckets as well, until I decide if I want to go further down the hydro rabbit hole, or stick with KISS

Have a good friend (and my baby momma) in a free state looking for some seed for me, I have have few friends out there I might have to hit up for genetics as time goes by

[MENTION=3896]Sheik_Jerbuti[/MENTION] - put a post up in the wish list thread, there’s lots of out there

Yea, but I'm not in a free state, and wouldn't want to ask anyone to possible violate laws..

Now, if they volunteer.. im ok with that.. lol

Thanks Guy .. ita funny how many neither get the reference nor the joke..

I get messages from people I have been in threads with for years there say .. OMG I JUST got it ..

I have also gotten 'hate speech comments ..

and gotten confused with Mustafa, who was actually another member posing under two names..

I have always used this name in the canna forums though.

Decided due to ease of access and lack of "equipment" I'm going to start with coco,
I may end up with a few hempybuckets as well, until I decide if I want to go further down the hydro rabbit hole, or stick with KISS

Have a good friend (and my baby momma) in a free state looking for some seed for me, I have have few friends out there I might have to hit up for genetics as time goes by

you're oin the right place if you need genetics, my friend.

Funny how fast things can change .. In between getting a couple tents and lights, fans ect.. I decided that I want to change houses, so I'll be back on the market looking for a place to put my growroom... lol

It's amazing how when you are looking at places that.. where to put the grow, is up onnthe list. At least one place has a perfect room, others have basements... we will see what the near future brings

Last edited:
Well.. this morning I was only thinking about moving .. and this afternoon I have a house under contract and a bottle of wine I'm my tummy .. now is not a great time to buy.. but whatever.. now I can just build a giant growroom if I choose (I do not chose and will probably still limit myself to 3 4x4 tents ..

But who knows..

There is even a 100% identical space to put my cupboard under the stairs ...

But I won't

A temporary respite from the stormy weather so took the dogs out for a quick walk, lots of broken branches where the trees are low on water from the dry May/June and leaves everywhere, quite a few damaged fences as well

We had a blow through here the other day that had to be 75mph.. and dropped 1½-2" of rain in about 6 hrs ..

Back