The Next Generation of Cannabis Propagation

guerilla1277

freedom fighter
I thought this might be a good section to post this, if I'm wrong, please feel free to move it to a more suitable location.

With all the new technology and innovative techniques that our community has seen over the past decade, I thought it would be interesting to post up some of our research and that of others. I'm looking for new articles, videos or pics of new information, technology or techniques involved in growing, from cloning to drying and curing. Tissue culture propagation would be a good example.

I hope that this can be an easy to find resource for new and old growers alike to benefit from all the research, all the lessons learned and all the advances that have been made this century.

Nice...thanks for doing ......CTG was exploring tissue culture recent......
I’ve always thought if computerized programs mimicking specific environments around the world in real time in a grnhse.....could possibly give opportunity to keeping landrace/IBL pools intact without loosing to mutation.........especially the highs that are the hardest to retain......? prolly a costly initial set-up, but would be fun trying regardless......potentials are endless.....

Nice...thanks for doing ......CTG was exploring tissue culture recent......
I’ve always thought if computerized programs mimicking specific environments around the world in real time in a grnhse.....could possibly give opportunity to keeping landrace/IBL pools intact without loosing to mutation.........especially the highs that are the hardest to retain......? prolly a costly initial set-up, but would be fun trying regardless......potentials are endless.....

Nice one barefoot. I did some research a long time ago into a similar situation...the effects of altitude on growth and potency. Definitely both interesting concepts, especially when talking about landrace preservation.

Barefoot, those ideas are great ones for applying for grants.

I've always wondered about the higher altitudes making such a difference. I know that they speak of greater intensity of light, but there are other factors like the thin air itself and air pressure. I can see how air pressure can be increased, easily, but would really have to investigate how to make the air pressure less.

Nice one nanny, I actually considered proposing the altitude study back when I was a student but just got busy. I gotta find some more of my recent research to put up.

For cannabis, one of the biggest effects of higher altitude was increased trichome production that was attributed to the increase in UV light.

killer Queen enhanced with UV back in the 90s, Vic thought that it increased potency, I remember the Do not try this at home.......

I’m going to take a college tissue culture course once settled in Hawaii.
More than a few reasons ide like to switch over. One of the biggest reasons for me is being able to rejuvenate played out or diseased genetics and bring them back to original Glory. Another is space needed to keep a room full of Mothers can be a challenge. I would like to be able to keep a thousand tissue culture moms in a fridge in the garage.
-ct-

you moving big island I assume?
I'm trying to move to cali but my boss might relocate me to north hawaii instead

would love to take a tissue culture course but I dont have the prerequisites

Yes I am bruddahroot,
House goes on the market on the 1st of april. Realtor coming this Friday said it prob won’t even make it to the market
-ct-

Last edited:
oh no, probably the closest islander to my prairie nest is moving farther away? Okay, maybe Lyle is closer.

Nanny I’ve had it with the cold. And for business purposes a year round natural growing season will suit me just fine

Bush Dr. thank you brother. I’m for sure stoked! Only live once and paradise draws me in! Was either back to norcal or Hawaii and we decided tshirt, shorts, flip flops and growing season swayed the decision.

Back