The Loser Phenos

przcvctm

Outer Circle Member
It feels like time to ask questions I've kept to myself to avoid :pointlaugh:

I've only smoked or vaped until just recently trying tinctures. Doing so makes me wonder about the phenos that don't smoke for s**t. The smell sucks, the taste sucks and most importantly, the high sucks. So I throw them out.

What I'm wondering, having never made tinctures or edibles is, does the suckiness of the loser phenos express themselves when they are ingested also or are the ingested highs all about the same?

You get out what you put in, crappy weed is crappy weed. Kinda the problem with edibles these days, most are using there shitty grows, seeded buds, moldy buds, bags of trim that are months old.

I've used A-11 for water hash... Pretty much turned it all into water hash actually because it was such lightweight smoke.
Made not bad hash but still a bit less strength than the others, much better than a lightweight toke tho.

That's different Big.
definitely enough to make a person stay away.

I like edibles but getting it ready to use seems to be too much for me so there must be more to that psychological question.
It's so simple to add coconut oil and drink it too.

I think smoking converts the THC to delta 9 and eating converts to delta 11 or something like that.
I'm not a fan of edibles. They put me down hard.

My kids gifted me for Christmas a small bottle of 30 to 1 CBD/THC tincture and another of just THC. I've been experimenting different combinations of the two in gel caps while I wait another couple of months for harvest.

So far the effects are not as interesting or complex as smoking or vaping, just kind of a generic pleasantness. Plus it's kind of fun waiting for it to come on. If the ones I'm tossing can be at least that good decarbed and infused into oil/alcohol, I'll no longer waste them.

I think smoking converts the THC to delta 9 and eating converts to delta 11 or something like that.
I'm not a fan of edibles. They put me down hard.

Uncarbed is THCA, hit it with a match and you have THC. Uncarbed edibles you get whatever benefits THCA provides, no high that I can detect what so ever.

Yup Biggie, Prof of Pot provides good info; my bad on mistaking "hydroxy" for "delta," Annaba.

yeah, all the blood that circulates through your digestive tract goes straight to the liver, which is basically the body's chemical processing plant. Amazing machines, our bodies!

Poopy weed if taken to short path distillation will give roughly the same quality THC as chronic weed, just a lot less of it. THC is THC without the terpene entourage:D

2b2s

For myself, this may explain something that happens to me that I've never brought up because I thought it's unique to my body chemistry and doesn't apply to anyone else.

Whenever I smoke, I seldom fell high right away. It can take hours sometimes. I experience brain turbulence until suddenly it's like the clouds part and I'm high AF. And that high lasts for hours. Is it possible that the delta9 I inhale doesn't effect me until it's circulated through the liver for awhile and becomes OH11?

For myself, this may explain something that happens to me that I've never brought up because I thought it's unique to my body chemistry and doesn't apply to anyone else.

Whenever I smoke, I seldom fell high right away. It can take hours sometimes. I experience brain turbulence until suddenly it's like the clouds part and I'm high AF. And that high lasts for hours. Is it possible that the delta9 I inhale doesn't effect me until it's circulated through the liver for awhile and becomes OH11?

@Herby had it right. THC is only converted to the 11-hydroxy metabolite after it’s been ingested. THC is converted to delta-9 during combustion or vaporization.

...when you smoke cannabis, THC is absorbed directly through the lungs, where little metabolism takes place. The THC quickly distributes to other body tissues and only a small fraction of it remains in the blood. The THC that remains in your blood is available to go to the liver and be converted to 11-OH-THC and other metabolites.

I was wondering aboot that too. Most of us have probably experienced "creeper" weed. Smoke a bunch and think, eh, not very good...then 30 minutes later and WTF, where did that buzz come from?:p Wonder if that's tied in with all this?

If these are correct, it explains why my inhaled highs are always delayed and my ingested ones come on faster. If true, my own body responds better to 11-hydroxy than Delta9.

Attachments

• Stages+of+thc+metabolism.jpg
    Stages+of+thc+metabolism.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 8
  • THC+metabolism+inhalation.jpeg
    THC+metabolism+inhalation.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I can smoke myself straight but ingesting is a big no no for me . I stay high for days . My wife on the other hand can eat a cookie before bed and feel fine the next day .

I will say when I had hip surgery I did eat some cookie with a oxy and it def worked better for pain .

Nanny, yup. 30 minutes in the oven at 240 F. That is, unless you are making a raw tincture for the THCA (non-psychoactive).

...On the other hand, when you smoke cannabis, THC is absorbed directly through the lungs, where little metabolism takes place. The THC quickly distributes to other body tissues and only a small fraction of it remains in the blood. The THC that remains in your blood is available to go to the liver and be converted to 11-OH-THC and other metabolites. However, the larger fraction in other tissues is not metabolized and so not much 11-OH-THC is formed overall.

The levels of 11-OH-THC in your blood after smoking cannabis are only about 5% of THC levels. This is probably not enough to feel any effects from the 11-OH-THC.

However, after taking cannabis orally, the average levels of 11-OH-THC vary from 25% of THC to more than 300% of THC levels, depending on which study you look at. These are just averages of a group of people – there is even further variation at the level of individuals. So some people will have well over 3 times more 11-OH-THC in their body than THC after ingesting cannabis

https://profofpot.com/11-hydroxy-tetrahydrocannabinol-potency-edibles/

I should have read big's post more closely. Damn internet has turned me into a skimmer rather than a reader. My hypothesis about smoke/vapor and 11-OH-THC is a loser.

Back