Super smelly weed that doesnt taste

Greenlion

Recently bought some lemonhead from a club. It is honestly some of the stinkiest weed I have ever smelled. But the bud looks like someone's 2 year old outdoor. Smells crazy good but doesn't taste like anything. It almost makes me think something's fishy going on with it. I have smoked a lot of weed, never had something look crappy, smell super super pungent. Then not taste like anything.

Some of the mountain kin out here use Schilling Orange or Lemon extract to "spruce up" outdoor that has lost its edge.

Not saying that's what happened, but adulterating old outdoor is a thing.

Some of the mountain kin out here use Schilling Orange or Lemon extract to "spruce up" outdoor that has lost its edge.

Not saying that's what happened, but adulterating old outdoor is a thing.
and adding terpenes back as well
Its my impression that since there are many terpenes and whats added back is a fractionate, you could add an aromatic terpene back possibly that didnt enhance the flavor profile
(eg: limonene)

Fucking knuckleheads adding terps. I actually get pretty annoyed that "extract companies" add stupid ass fucking lemon or orange terps... Clown crews getting away with that shit hopefully will stop as the industry matures.

I worked at a facility that ran 16,000 plants in 8 rooms in flower at a time. Of all the strains they carried (mostly Lit strains) the one that disappointed me the most was Mai Tai. Mai Tai smelled sooo amazing, I mean it smelled sweet and tropical and like an actual Mai Tai. Not super loud but loud nonetheless, enough to make you expect a mouthful of mai tai flavor. NOPE! No flavor. Just smoke flavor. Nothing. A travesty. A real let down and I had to let the boss at the grow know how disappointed I was in this strain.

Another factor is that some terpenes evaporate at pretty low temps and dont survive being smoked or even vaped.

I heard kevin jodrey talk about it on a podcast once but i have no memory of which one

I got a cut of Sage n Sour, probably a decade ago, from Goro/Wy'east, it's probably in my top ten of favorite cultivars of all time from the smell alone. I could NEVER get it to transfer to taste, except one time, when I microwaved a bud, lmao.

Others might have had better luck, tho'.

Back