Super skunk that isn't skunky ??

Bearbudzz

Connoisseurous Cannabis
Not in the least.
I ran into a regular from the grow shop I work at while I was at the grocery store.
One of the benefits of my job is that people often ask me for opinions on their meds based on samples. . :rollitup:
I do not accept them at the shop tho'.My friend has a no possession at work rule and I follow it.We have no direct references to cannabis posted in the shop either.Keeps leo and the city off our ass.
Anywayyyyyy......things are different when I'm off the property and this guy gave me some of what he called super skunk.
First thing I expect is that it will reek in the bag....nope.Lightly fruity...kind of an apple like aroma.
Buzz is not bad,but not what I remember from what I used to know as ''skunk''....and this is ''Super Skunk'' ??
Not as good as some other strains I've had lately either.
Anyone growing this strain or have experience with it ??

I ran it about 8 years ago right along side some Skunk 1. No resemblance at all. It was short and bushy like an indica and the smell was similar to what you describe. The high was ok but nothing like the Sk 1.
If you google search super skunk you'll find a link to an A dam seedbank and they have pics from my grow. I can't remember the name, that was to many grows ago.

Sensi seeds sold it in the 90's. If I remember they hit their sk #1 back to an afghani to beef up the yield. I grew it back in 97 or 98 but didn't keep it after two runs. Considering that sensi's sk #1 didn't have the desired aromas, but like rmb says, sweeter smelling phenos, I wasn't surprised to note its finish. Basically if the parent stock didn't have the road kill skunk, outcrossing it wasn't going to get it closer. Sorry it wasn't "more" for you, but such is life. At least now you know what it is or isn't. And can decide for yourself if it's worthy.

Happy Halloween
Freeheeler

Superskunk is a long time love of mine. I held one for a long time that I found in a pack of seeds bought from Sensi in 95 that was just spectacular. 90 was the first year it came out as a stable strain, and it's a working of Skunk 1 x Afghani 1.

The mistake most make is thinking that the "super" means super skunky. It actually refers to being a short finish, which Skunk #1 (at least the early workings) was not.

I have never found a super skunky pheno in any of the workings I've run. The beans from 90 that I just finished were all your old, classic lemon smells. My 95 gal was a fruity skunk, but more fruit than skunk.

There is a SS that people here used to run, it was even referred to as Mass. Super Skunk (MSS) that was supposed to be excellent, but I never had it that I know of. Back in the day, I smoked a local SS that the kid was calling "Mother Superior," and it got me Super High. Maybe the same clone, I dunno. That would've been around '93???

Afirmation

Well at least now I know it's not me.
IMO,a skunk should stink like a skunk, not smell like an apple. . :nyahnyah:
If its crossed and doesn't smell skunky then it's not a skunk no mo',change the name dammit. . :rant:

:peace:

I heard that T2U...........more like 25 yr's......"Sam The Fruit Man"....got me a rollin' and a tumblin'........once again will the real RKS please show it's mug for nostalgia purposes ..........

names/monikers are for the most part misleading and should be tossed aside like a dirty pair of socks.................

ganj on 'el fruite'........

Back