Sprouts! ~ OMGTHISISTOOFRIGGINCOOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishmanK

Banned
so screened gaskets for closed loop systems are quite varied in price
some that are still just 3" ones are few hundred dollars...

So I was delighted when I found this seller on ebay making very nice quality gaskets with the screen really fully embedded/cast-into the gasket

and for fractions of what so many other sellers wanted for cheaper versions of this

Delighted.

I was stunned 20 minutes ago, when i figured out the 2" version fit into a canning jar ring and made an instant (usually costs many dollars) sprouting jar for alfalfa/radish/bean etc...

buy this one for $142.73
PTFE Sanitary Tri-Clamp Screen Gasket - 2" w/ 200 Mesh x 1150 Filter Cloth

OR!
get this one for $12 like I did!
(It's a make an offer and I bought one of each of a few sizes all at once)
all very nice quality for much more ca$h even
prolly go $10ea if you got a dozen

they are a little thick for the canning jar ring to grab threads all the way
but a little coaxing with a razor blade or exacto and you have a very nice canning jar sprouter

0327161420.jpg

funny-pictures-feels-auto-567127.jpeg

mmmmmm hunny!

How Not to...

heh
I knew I would

ptfescreenedTOO.jpg

PLEASE NOTE
PTFE ~ even a small amount ~ is very toxic when ignited and should never be allowed to somehow get into your herb pipe or dabs etc
the effects of igniting PTFE can be lethal

if it be shavings of PTFE gaskets, or teflon coated pans (please throw it away!), or teflon tape you are using in plumbing projects

Yep , PTFE will give ya` flu like symptoms ......severe symptoms if ya` get too much . Worked at a DuPont plant during apprenticeship . They ended up supplying everone there with those chintzy platic 2 piece cigarette pack holders so guys didn`t get the Teflon flu . Any dust whatsoever on a cig and you were off for a coupla` days to get straightened back up . Nasty stuff !!
peace

litle messy trimmin but next one I actually use for veggies will go better I bet and I really do need some of these for CLS use...

they arent fused though like I thought but the screen fits very well unlike the viton gaskets ive seen like this
this one is within tolerances set for this application...

Gigant.is.Polish.4Giant.jpg

i also have a half dozen of these. i used to start a jar everyday but have slacked off for a while. costs a couple of bucks at whole foods.
sprouting_lid.jpg

OK, I was high and cut myself carving on it with the razor blade, its not as cool as it was...
and the site east coast posted sure is
and you can get one sprouter lid for under $6 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back