SPRINGTAILS?

I think I found a bunch of these under the wet pots and running around on the floor. Good to see they aren't harmful or are beneficial.
At least that is what I think they are. Kinda look like ants but a lot smaller. Only seem to be running around erratically and not flying or anything.

okay, what looks a lot like a springtail, but doesn't spring anywhere that i can tell, sucks juice out of leaves. D.E. applied, but are a constant problem here, usually south side of house, indoor. Outdoor bugs not a problem in this cold, so these must be coming from soil, or in walls etc. Not fat and round, more skinny. Antennae, and look like they stand upright when feeding.

okay, what looks a lot like a springtail, but doesn't spring anywhere that i can tell, sucks juice out of leaves. D.E. applied, but are a constant problem here, usually south side of house, indoor. Outdoor bugs not a problem in this cold, so these must be coming from soil, or in walls etc. Not fat and round, more skinny. Antennae, and look like they stand upright when feeding.

That’s the new, new as well nanny, bags of soil now come complete with fungus gnats and whatever else. The whole scene has gotten pretty dirty with disease, and pests rampant.

Past 5/6 years I had been just growing out my own seed stuff, and never had a problem, no bugs, disease, nothing. Started bringing in clones and had more problems all at once, I had everything known to MJ, then I could deal with, three different pests, dudded plants, leaf hopper virus and most recently PM.

Of course that’s my fault, didn’t quarantine anything and paid dearly for it, killed everything in flower and veg and started over. I haven’t had a decent plant come outta my spot since feb, if it wasn’t for guys here, and growers I gave plants to at the start of the outdoor season, I’d of been hating life.

Back