Smart Pots vs Plastic Pots side by side results.

watering goes down every other day, mebbe on the third day, depends on the pot size and the size of the flowers...greens wont suck a pot dry but a ripe fully flowered plant may need nutes every day...

These pots are as good as VV says. I'm about two weeks into the hercules and growth rates are measurably up.

I can't wait to see how the finish off in flower and the root ball after.

I finally got my hands on Boo's Hercules pots a few months ago.

I'm my OP, the Hercules pots are 3-7 days behind the smart pots while vegging, but they perform pretty much exactly the same in the yield department once the plants go in at the proper size.

I'll be switching over to all Hercules pots over time, love them simply because they are such easy maintenance over the SP's. The extra week (tops), of veg time isn't near enough to out weigh the pros IMO.

Smart pots work very well, but I find GeoPots are my favorite. Unfortunately they don't sell them in stores around here.

Smart pots work very well, but I find GeoPots are my favorite. Unfortunately they don't sell them in stores around here.

yeah I like the thicker pots - they stand up better and dont sag like smarties do

hydrofarm had the dirt bags for a bit - they were just replaced by a new product (gro pro I think they are called) - still thicker and half the price of smart pots but not as thick as the dirt bag label

I just bought some 3 gal black ones for 1.86

wow, I got 4 pop ups when I clicked on the hydro link J...

shit bro - thats crazy - I never see pop ups - I have adblock plus addon installed - works pretty good for firefox or chrome

www.adblockplus.org

Awesome thank you Rollin J

word

From the same place... I have to hype these now, same as the Hercules pots. I'm getting roughly 10-14g more per plant this round with the Hercules pots.

http://www.hydroponics.net/c/924

man Im glad those work out well for you - I almost pulled the trigger on those - but I wanted to go cheap this rounds as I will likely go with raised beds after this

'shoes tip #1

Thanks ^

Has anyone ever tried to shape 1/4" hardware cloth (or chix wire, or the green plastic garden fencing you can buy, etc...) into the shape of your pots to give it some form for moving around?

I put smaller Smart-Pots into larger plastic pots (the ones without drain holes). That gives the Smart-Pots plenty of room to work properly, the plastic pots hold any overrun from watering, and makes 'em easier to move around.

:wave:

Back