show me your glASS ....

GriM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
w00t now that we have this lil forum dedicated to the wonderful world of glass.. lets see em ....dirty,clean,little,big, makes no diff to me, i just love glass :)

After years of drooling on the display cases I finally broke down and bought a bubbler recently. This is called a bead blast finish.....

picture.php

I love glass and I love your siggy Rocky!!!

gosh! wish I had all my glass pieces I've purchased over the years!

That style is really cool. Never seen one in person, does it have a texture to it?
There's a guy named "Marbleslinger" who does a lot of really cool pieces in that style

i think yourmom420 has even said in other threads he'll do custom pieces on request... but i'd pm him about that, i don't want to volunteer the guy or anthing!! :thumbsup: haha

but i def think my next piece will come from the market... help out a member and the site all at once!!! =]

never seen that "bead blasted " look ....:) i like it , is it really bead blasted,textured finish?

it's basically just sandblasted look and feel. much grippier than smooth glass. somma my friends are leaders in innovation with glass. They are doing all kinds of crazy stuff with the sandblasting. A friend has a perfect darth vader sandblasted into the bottom of his bong among many other cool 'stencils' they are making.

i used to blast with glass bead and silica sand dirt grit and ash blasting for the nuclear and power industry in the UK , nice glass work , love glass my self.

Glass and Herb is my game....I love customs, esp bubblers, so heres what Im working with....

Chris Carlson Bub with some Nirvana Bubblicious:
asdwe108.jpg

asdwe152.jpg

asdwe153.jpg

asdwe156.jpg

asdwe158.jpg

more to come...

Here is a Ltd Ed. Roor dichro bowl with faceted marble with roor logo:
08fall057.jpg

08fall058.jpg

08fall059.jpg

My personal favorite which is the Chris Carlson "Goodbye California" bubbler...its got the LA Lost Art sig in it as well as a snowstorm marble with blended colors that cannot be made again, the headpiece to my collection, and its huge, at about 13-14inches it weighs in at over a pound...pic of it in the sun are best though..shows her true colors..

08fall067.jpg

08fall068.jpg

08fall064.jpg

08fall065.jpg

08fall066.jpg

08fall069.jpg

Here are some better shots of the Cali Bub, in the sun and such....it always feels like a crime to smoke her...which is why she is a special occasion hehe

6.jpg

Img91996_bub3.jpg

Img92011_bub17.jpg

Img91995_bub2.jpg

Whoooah J.A.C.K what did I walk into ?? This is like a Fall color tour through upper Michigan :jokercolor:

not sure if i have posted these on this board or not.

anyways here are some that were blown by an old friend of mine in S.A.

Picture089-1.jpg

Picture086.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Picture075-1.jpg

Back