Shovelhandle Garden 2022

Shovelhandle

We checked the seed bag for autos to go in the garden this year. I have just enough!

(1) Auto #1 /G13 (from Burnie) Anyone have 411 for this variety?

(1) Double Grape - Mephisto

(1) Moby Dick XXL - Dinafem

(4) Green Crack - FastBud

These will go directly in the ground around June 1. I have two mystery seed from some one of the varieties grown here (all from fem seed, unknown if auto or photo). I hope they sprout, they will be started indoors and planted into containers to be grown outdoors.

I hope to have an indoor grow as well with Afghani seed from Ma. and a selection from DnF. These are not feminized so I'll be starting a bunch and sex them early.

We checked the seed bag for autos to go in the garden this year. I have just enough!

(1) Auto #1 /G13 (from Burnie) Anyone have 411 for this variety?

(1) Double Grape - Mephisto

(1) Moby Dick XXL - Dinafem

(4) Green Crack - FastBud

These will go directly in the ground around June 1. I have two mystery seed from some one of the varieties grown here (all from fem seed, unknown if auto or photo). I hope they sprout, they will be started indoors and planted into containers to be grown outdoors.

I hope to have an indoor grow as well with Afghani seed from Ma. and a selection from DnF. These are not feminized so I'll be starting a bunch and sex them early.

Very nice, following along!

Like the url links you included, thanks for that. Here's the Green Crack link.
Noted it also has a "medical" sub-page, Green Crack - Medicinal, with a user citing benefit for "Asthma".

Am looking to pull in cannaboid and terpene profiles and will include these strains (nothing on the Burnie, sorry!). Found some analytics results from WA with one entry for Moby Dick, but a bunch for Green Crack (like this, this, and this), so that's a good one for strain info that can be mined. Will keep you posted.

Can't wait to hear how that Moby smokes come early fall! Good luck! :dancer:

planted the seed in cups. will plant sprouts within a week. also 3 #1 Auto seeds in a cup to be planted with the three volunteers. likely females, maybe auto or not.

been a few days, only d purp came up... never opened leaves and croaked. the cups were in a warm, bright enough place. some of the seeds were bought a year ago, others were gifts. these are the only plan for outdoors this year... maybe some will still come up. if not local grow shop has seed. the volunteers are living. one is in a spot where there was a plant last year that was pulled (M), so that spot is worked and fed, has rabbit protection. the other two plants not, and they don't look as good so far. I should get out and do some improvement there asap.

something bad with this starter mix. the seeds are not all bad, i ran some from the same pack last fall. no auto plants for the garden. so I better go feed and tend the three volunteers out back. :)

Have you done any of the grape stomper genetics, before? I was gifted beans of (grape stomper x grape puff) x ducksfoot. Thought they sounded interesting.

And...the moby dick has always been of interest, as most anything from the sativa leaning wids.

good luck. Oh, what seed starter brand did you use?

Have you done any of the grape stomper genetics, before? I was gifted beans of (grape stomper x grape puff) x ducksfoot. Thought they sounded interesting.

And...the moby dick has always been of interest, as most anything from the sativa leaning wids.

good luck. Oh, what seed starter brand did you use?

thanks Nannymouse.
none of the seeds came up since the dpurp that died right off. I have no other grape or moby dick seed.

August 16, average date for flowering to begin. Two showed female and a male showed weeks ago. The male was chucked and was a wide leaf, the females narrow leaf. They're 6' tall, xmas trees, not very dense vegetation. Few them a flowering formula this am and a good rainfall is soaking that in.

thanks vctm.
But I like indoor harvests as they are so much easier to process. The outdoor plants often have so much trimming. I planned on autos only outdoors this season but that failed. When I pulled 3 oz from an indoor auto of good quality I was excited to try a few outdoors. I had tried autos in the garden last year but didn't get them going well enough to amount to anything. I still hear my BIL who grows across the road rave about plant height and circumference, eg; some guy growing 15' x 15' plants. Oy vey!
Hopefully these two will do well and finish early.

These plants are smelling and looking good. tomorrow is a dry and warm day and more cool damp after that. And since the corn will be taken in very soon (the corn trucks have been going by for a couple of days, this field is next) I'll get the plants photoed and cut tomorrow pm.

9-21-2022

cut and hanging for now. a good portion will be stripped right off tomorrow and frozen for hash.

100_0237.jpg 100_0233.jpg

100_0229.jpg 100_0231.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_0230.jpg
    100_0230.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 2
Nice-looking... corn, Shov ;)

Those plants are burly, I hope they are relatively mold-free!

Been pretty quiet here since hanging these two plants. Was too tired and uninterested to do anything with them. This am I took a look at them and cut and trimmed a cola from one to see what we've got.
The buds are thin and airy but free of mold, rot, bugs or weed seed and very frosty/sticky. Tried a toke of scissor hash and I'm back in the recliner with a cuppa. Tired now, I hope to roll a joint and see if it'll burn and make good medicine later. If it's worthy I'll think about trimming a little more sometime. Otherwise I'll strip off the buds and freeze it all for hash, sometime. :poke:

better shape than they seemed on the tree. frosty buds and pretty small percent frosty trim. no junk leaves.
good buzz, pretty sure... :huh:

Back