Shov 2020 outdoor - remote

Shovelhandle

Have a garden started, as I mentioned in the indoor grow forum. A frost hit the pot and the tomatoes. It didn't kill the plant but the small leaves and new nodes died. I planted nine cbd variety in the hemp plot (total of 13) and added two cred x cheese and two on the edge of the corn field (total of 9 cred x cheese and two NL x C99).
Tree service trimmed the trees that were damaged by the fire yesterday, quite a bit of work with the fire damage and trees growing over top of the house. So the trees should look nice now. Just need a house built.

Well the trees are lovely. The tomatoes and the pot are fucked. I am not sure if there was a frost or the herbicide the farmer uses got to them. The herbicide kills from the leaves and the grasses on the edge of the field are dying, but close to the garden no damage to the grasses, weeds in the garden or the corn, beets and carrots seedlings. So I am leaning to a frost. All new growth is stunted and deformed. I don't really see this turning around. I was offered auto GG seed. It;s good herb but with the garden unattended all the time I'm not putting anything else there. Luckily, I get pot very reasonable, or free.

Sucks bro... nothing hits ya in the gut harder then failure. I mastered the feeling doing it 3 grows in a row.. lol. It's good you have buddies who help ya out, I too am usually lucky enough to have the same help when needed... been a lot lately, almost a year.

good luck in your next adventure bro.. think about them autos though, they are tough plants and you'd have smoke in 70 days usually... peace

Well, condolences on the loss of garden. Happens here a lot. Last years' garden was literally a washout for some of the stuff, and the wind got more. That was the outdoor gardens. Now, nearly every window in the house is utilized by mostly food plants, though we were 'gifted' some peace lilies and a bromelaid. I keep saying that we need to put old windows into the patio under the deck, just for tomatoes. They really get wrecked by the wind. Anyway, so far this year, they've mostly survived, but some are down to a leaf on a stem. Gardens are a lot of work and expense, so it is always a bad feeling when they fail. I swear that i'm gonna swear them off, then spring fever sets in...

Sorry to hear it, 2020 hasn’t been a great one for you. I’d go ahead and run some autos anyway, never hurts the mood to have a few girls moving along even if it isn’t a plan A

A beautiful day to garden, cool, overcast, no wind. The herbs are coming around! The new growth, though weird, deformed, is profuse. I see the plants coming around from the nute burn. So there are a total of (5) female cred x cheez and (2) female NL x C99. Also another (7) cred x cheez seedlings, unsexed. Two are on the edge of the cornfield, along with a sugar black rose clone. Weeded, spread/raked compost and watered each well. Same with the tomatoes. The rows of beets and carrots were dust. So now there are six nice hills with volunteer squash filling out the plot. Every plant got Black Gold moisture retaining coco mix with compost mixed in the soil and watered well. Top dress everything wit Espoma plant tone. A dry week is expected.
As poor as my photos have been, I have no camera now, my flip phone camera is not good and the OL's smart phone is not all that handy. But I will get some shots soon, I promise.

Hemp plot was also tended the same but not compost or coco. Four Awesome Blossom and five local cbd store seeds. (?)

Sorry no pics. No camera, my flip phone has one, it must suck though.

The hemp are thin and short. Pulled a male the other day. There are eight plants, including one runt.

The herbs are doing good, bushy and short, 4' - 5'. Pulled one male the other day, most of the plants had been sexed already. One Cred Cheese in the corn field is odd, wide leaf. Everything else has moderately narrow leaves. So to update (if I can remember) 8 - cred cheese, 2 - NL x C99, 1 - Sugar Black Rose

Dozens of construction workers will see / have seen these plants, so future security must be robust.

I know what you mean about security Shov. Hopefully those workers have seen so many home grow patches that they'll lose track of yours. :rip:

Well the plants are late as hell. A cred cheese showed male flowers as did an Awesome Blossom hemp. Some hemp as well as some cred cheese and the one NLxC99 are not showing flowering yet. Usually most would be well on their way and the last one showing by 8-14.

Tomatoes are under attack from little beetles, look like small potato beetles. Well, as we have no freezer to store them, we should have plenty of good tomatoes. I ground up about a gallon of 'bitten' tomatoes for sauce sometime this weekend. The volunteer squash plants are crazy good producers, and have been putting out for weeks now.

The hut is sheathed and the roof shingles will be finished today. Looking good. Carpenter sub has next week off, I don't know where the contractor will pick up the interior. The sub will frame, roof and side the hut and garage, maybe interior trim, if his schedule permits.

That is all. ;)

Good to hear there’s some progress on the property ....shame about the plants :goodbad:

thanksBush Dr, it's ok about the plants. lucky I got them planted and even luckier if I ever get to harvest them. My friend just gave me some of his fresh, outdoor GDP Auto. Beady, foxtails of tasty, easy to roll buds. Great buzz also. I didn't get any autos in this year. Next plan is to be ready to grow indoors. The second we move in the light goes on.

The first pass of the combine around the cornfield. Time to move the plants :(
So today I dug up the most mature and shortest cred x cheese and the only NL x C99 and Sugar Black Rose. As the story goes, the plants were pretty late to flower, very hot, sunny summer. NEway, these three got cut loose nice and wide, knocked off the soil a bit so they fit inna 6 gal bucket, more soil and 2 1/2 gal of PK water. They got stuffed in my CRV :) and brought to Egypt, a very out of the way, secure place. They will be watered if needed, in my absence.
So, six cred cheese left. Maybe dig up more tomorrow and relocate.
The plants are all very healthy and busting out. They just need time and security.

Thank you, Nannymouse. Our family were nicknamed the 'mouse' family, as part of our last name has mouse in it, sort of. This began when my siblings started school, lots of them, much younger than I.

Dug, bucketed and moved three more plants to Egypt with the other foster plants. They all seem to look very good. :) Three plants are left in the garden, the largest one (would never fit in the CRV) and two of the least mature. I will leave them and see if I get to harvest them. The hemp crop is sad. There are five scrawny plants with some bud growth, but not enough to do anything with probably. As we were not around and didn't have a hose and water they only got fed or watered by can a few times.
Transporting the plants yesterday I pulled into a store. Young guy in a wrecker park aside us got a laugh. Probably though we harvested. All one could see was plant material from the front seat to the back gate. ;) Today a few cars were behind me, same view, a car chocked full of weed.

The plants in the bucket and three left in the garden are doing fine, though the bucket plants are dropping yellow fan leaves. We've had 28º F a couple nights. not problem for the cannabis, grasses and weeds. Warmer nights forecaster, for now.

Started using Epsoma last year, i like it. M not very techie when it involves ferts and sort of like to keep it that way.

Started to cut and trim. I have two runt cred/cheez trimmed to the branch and drying. The buds are not large but frosty. One plant will be all chaff for the bubblebags, the other pretty decent, no rot, mold or bugs.

Reactions: Boo
Two more cred cheez taken and trimmed. And trail reports are that the herb is very good, nice very taste. I been liking it. So far it's been a very successful grow, especially considering the situation; growing at a construction site. ;)
We'll take two more down tomorrow and have three left. The c99 nl is looking fine also, as does the black sugar rose. The cbd hemp is still hanging in and will be harvested last.
When I get a second I'll at least try to photo some buddage.

Back