Setting up my first Trellis Net

EarWax420

Hey TCC! I have been a busy Bee getting this little 6 light Op together! I have 1 side which is 3 lights ready to flower and Im off to build a Trellis Net set up today. I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on the construction of the net. Theres basically 3 1k's in a row... so 4'x12'... no trays or anything I wanted everything as close as possible. I was wondering if I should build a big 4x12 frame an tie my netting into that then, drop the frame down and over the ladies bending each of the branchs into a square as I go 1 plant at a time. The plants went rootbound in 3 gal pots... and I transplanted them to 7 gal smart pots to give the roots plenty of room to stretch out, root prune and hopefully bloom like they were grown in heaven! Im just not sure a good way to build the frame for the trellis net since all Im trying to do is spread the plants out to achieve better light as well as keep plant numbers down. If I had room in this room... I would be using a SCROG net but Unfortunately a Screen of Green is out of the question since theres not much walk room in this one. 5 weeks from flip my other 12 ladies will go on the other side and I will be building a net for the other 3 lights soon... so Im just trying to get this down because this will help keep everything tight!
Any help, any advice is MUCH APPRECIATED! THANKS A MILLION! Oh yea this is my first post of the New Year.. Happy New Year TCC!!!

I use twine and stretch and tie it to the walls, so it hangs like a hammock over the canopy. I'm considering anchoring some brackets to the cement floor to hold posts on each corner and tie netting to posts, will probably do that soon as I hate crawling around under the string. I considered hanging a frame but was afraid of that it would shift position with no real rigid support.

I just built a real simple frame with 3/4'' PVC.... then Zip Tied the net down to the PVC! It worked great.. and Every 4 ft I put a leg to support the PVC. It seems very sturdy.. I just wish I got the 4 way connectors incase I wanna put one more row up! I gotta buddy who does his like that and does quite well! I am interested to see how this turns out.. I have done LST many times now.. and this room is so tight I think for the other 3 light row I am going to make a 4x8 frame... and leave 1 light with LST'd Plants so I have room to walk in. This room was designed to the max amount of room that was allowed so the room is very tight. I will be interested to see how the LST light compares in weight to the other 5 lights running a trellis net. I have to wait 5 more weeks to veg the other ladies and get them nice and big.... im wondering if I am going to need to run a higher plant number in smaller pots to get a good LST yield.

Yes ZZ I got some updates if you check out my Album or my post in just coco because I'm switching it all over to coco i posted my trellis nets with the soil to show how the plant grows for advice on what to do with the plants. So just check out my album and you will see my ladies at 7 weeks in my trellis thats 12x4! It looks like a lot and so far off my 3 1ks I'm hoping to hit over 4 lbs and its looking like it is just that. I also need to post some pics in my album of my new hanging trellis net... The frame. I think I like it better than the PVC build. The hanging frame seems to just keep it cleaner. I will post my crop in both trellis nets and show the final week and what the buds look like. Their all tied up right now cause their weights causing the branches to hang or snap!! Week 10 coming soon... Hope you can see my member album or my post in just coco section. If you look at the post in just coco it should not be too far down the first page! Check it and let me know what you think! :wave::rollj:

Back