Seed germination

Demonsofdirt

I generally soak seeds for 24hrs and then place into soil. I had a brain fart about the containers I transfer into having 8 spots vs the actual 6 that they have. I ended up having 16 extra seeds of 8 different crosses that I didn’t have a home ready to transfer them into so I went into rapid rooters (edit root riots). I was extremely surprised that the ones in the rapid rooters are leaps and bounds ahead of the ones in soil.

I am thinking maybe the peat plugs had less moisture so they were quicker to get up and going searching for more water maybe?

Would love to hear anyone that has any experience or theories.

Attachments

• IMG_5399.jpeg
    IMG_5399.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5390.jpeg
    IMG_5390.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5389.jpeg
    IMG_5389.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
From the google:
"Do rapid rooter plugs have nutrients?
Rapid rooter plugs are fortified with General Hydroponic micronutrients for abundant root growth. The optimal air-to-water ratio within the plug matrix results in explosive early root growth. Use Rapid Rooter for robust early rooting that supports explosive plant growth."

From the google:
"Do rapid rooter plugs have nutrients?
Rapid rooter plugs are fortified with General Hydroponic micronutrients for abundant root growth. The optimal air-to-water ratio within the plug matrix results in explosive early root growth. Use Rapid Rooter for robust early rooting that supports explosive plant growth."
Very interesting. I realized these are root riot that I am using. I’m not finding anything about them containing anything extra.

Reactions: 180
Yeah, all I found was "composted" in the description, no mention of a nutrient charge. Still, compost is full of readily-available nutrients, both micro and macro, so I could see that being a boost.

Back