Second annual Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata foray

Beautiful! Looks like river bottom land with Japanese Knotweed. April is Ovoid time for sure. How were they?
Know the habitat huh ;)
They are good a little mellow in the spring but still worth getting out for.Fall ones are way more potent.If anyone is interested in this foray you can find the info on (midwest psilocybin hunters in fb).
Do you get out and hunt voids much?

The last time I did an Ovoid search I almost ended up in the hospital with poison ivy! So no. I don't forage by the river much at all anymore.

The MI DNR has really done a great job of eradicating the patches of Knotweed around here anyway. It sure took a long time though. Like relentless decades of who knows what they sprayed on it. Round Up doesn't even phase it.

I know where there are some small isolated patches yet. I may do a little Johnny Appleseed for a private patch with wild spores.

That dang ivy and oak is a pain for sure.If you come across a plant called (Touch me not/jewel weed) Grows in the same places as oak/ivy has an orange flower and the seed pods explode with a touch.
If you make a salve out of the aerial growth and a carrier like coconut oil.It will pull all the bite out,stops the oozing and gives a considerable amount of relief,fast.
You can also use fels-naptha soap to coat up a heavy layer on your skin before being exposed.Then just wash off afterwards.

I dont have any experience with that knotweed.Invasive stuff sure does suck :(

Last edited:
For some reason Ovoids are strongly related to knotweed. In your middle picture I see a dead piece of it. You can rest assured it's not very far from the other 2 pics. It's got a hollow stem. Similar to bamboo. It grows about 10 foot tall no branching and has spade shaped leaves. It's probably just starting to sprout now.

Ok thank you.Yeah that stuff is everywhere in that river bottom.The nicest fruits would be groing out in the thick of it. :)

Back