ScroG in 6''x6'' Rockwool Cubes...

EarWax420

Hey TCC! Im finally getting some time to get a grow back together and was wondering what you think would be a good idea for the stuff I have. I have 3 1k's and was thinking about running all 3 on my 12x4 space. I have a bunch of 6''x6'' rockwool cubes and thats what I gotta run because I have them on hand so might as well use them. I use the Europonic RW Soak and even throw a good amount of stuff down there in with it ph'ed at 5.5 but thats how I learned but not sure what my ph will be. Im going to be running a BubbaxOg and I believe it is Bubba Dominant. I have never grown Bubba really specially in Hydro but I know Ill be ok. Im thinking nothing over 1300 maybe 1400 ppm should be the area I will be in @ 5.8-6.2 using H&G Aqua Flakes that I also have left over in a nice 5l for both and a few other things... Floralicious, roots excel, drip clean, snow storm ult. diamond nectar, protekt, Hydroplex, Overdrive, M.O.A.B. Hormex, Sweet, Roots Excel, Hygrozyme, ADD 2-0-0! So I think Im going to build a net and weave the plants through as soon as their tall enough which Im hoping I can weave the BubbaxOG in my ScroG Net. Any suggestions on how many I ladies I should run per light? I was going to see if I could fit 12 since Im in 6''x6'' Rockwool cubes but I dont want to crowd things too much so I guess I will see how it looks.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! Im so happy to be back in the saddle... I have spent nothing but time recovering from this back surgery, getting off everything, getting back to a good job and making up a lot of different things you missed out on and things you lost because you could hardly move for so long. I used to stay here a lot when I was sick... and always had a couple ladies going. Using TCC I gained so much knowledge out of all of you that I never seem to get the best results out of most I know. If only the last grow wouldnt have gotten took... I almost lost the strain I sprouted from Seed from Greens at Elite. I will tell yah I smoked a lot of bud and been a patient in LA since there was just 2 clubs in all of LA and boy does this stuff stack up to that stuff I got in the begining where I used to take a few rips and be floored! It was the ChemdogxOg I think... it turns slightly purple as soon as it finish's up its 9th week! I take her a full 70 and she has these slight purple streaks in all the right spots but only if you look close! Im not sure what the background is because my older brother mixed up my seeds when i was sprouting... Jerk! LoL.. anyways TCC If anyone has some advice on the strain or how many 6x6 cubes to run specially if its a Bubba dominate OG. Supposed to be high yielding the MMJ clone depot said. LoL.. crazy here in la! My family all has rec's so under 3 lights i dont think plant numbers is a problem and I know will be within legalitys. How many 6x6 cubes could I really run! 12 might be a crowd.. or is 12 perfect with a net and weave?! :)

Yea you better have an ass load of A/C and light ventilation cause that little area with that much wattage is going to get HOT fast!!!
If you can put the ballasts outside the area that will help, you have to have enclosed lights with 1000 cfm or larger pulling air through them, or even the best A/C wont be able to control the heat from those lamps...

There's another thread here asking what type of plant numbers people run under 1k lights and what their yield is: http://thecannacabana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26063 <--After flipping through that thread it looks like the ideal number of plants per 1k light is about 9, but everyone does things different.

I've never used a 1k light but considering it is summer time I say if you want to run all three lights in that space, make the "lights on" cycle during the night time when ambient temps are cooler (and electricity is cheaper). If your budget can be slightly increased I would buy a light mover and only use two 1k lights in that space.

Hey earwax, I don't know if you are still fishin for some opinions, but here is mine for good or ill... I have held a number of different commercial grow positions at various dispensaries when I first moved to Denver. During my time with a good chunk of dispensaries, I have yet to find a heavy yielding BubbaxOG. I have heard of good yielding Bubba's over the years, but for me, its been like trying to find a leprechaun. Most of them have yielded very poorly, but the people here keep growing them cuz what you do get is phenomenal quality. So even in a net and weave, I don't think 12 is overkill per 1k, but I personally run 7.5 plants per 1k in a scrog if that helps... but it also isn't Bubba.
I am growing indoors right now and have 4 1000 watt lights in a 9x7 room and have yet to experience heat issues. I have no AC yet and its is basically june already... I use two 8" Vortex fans... 1 cooling the 4 8" Magnum hoods, and one attached to a carbon filter and exhausting heat off the ceiling. I use one 10" organic air filter on one 10" passive intake that brings in the cool (but cleaned) Colorado night air. If you live in a place that stays relatively warm at night during the summer, I agree with webfish about needing a good AC for a set up like that.

Last edited:
Wow Big Sur

i am running about 24 bubba kush per 1000 in 2 gal Hempy buckets 100% Perlite......crowed but like folks say, bubba does not yield very well indoors...using a swamp cooler cause i like the added humidity..at 10% i need moisture.....outdoors she is another story..

At the risk of sounding like a newb, how do you keep the root zone saturated? Do the Hempy buckets require water pumps flooding or misting the medium every so often? If not how do you keep it from drying out every few hours? I am going to go take a look around to acquaint myself with this method better, but I am still scratching my head when I imagine it (not surprising if you know me)...

Anyhow, this bubba crop looks phenomenal (especially for indoors) :clap:

I am installing a swamp cooler here in June... they really do an awesome job in hot desert climates that average 10% to 30% RH. They also consume roughly 5 to 15% of the electricity that our ACs use.

Thanks for the Eye Candy Big!

Back