Room reflectant

Tom Sawyer

Wanting to get my grow rooms more efficient. One thing they all lack is good reflectant on the walls. I could paint the walls white, but some of them are the back sides of sheet rock so paint would have to be 3 coats or so so I'd rather just staple something to the walls than have to clear rooms out then paint. I see grow tents use mylar or something similar but I'm wondering if there is something better. What do you guys use? Are there products better than mylar? Thoughts please.

Mylar is pretty much the standard best... others just do not hold up with the results... whatever you do don't use alum foil as it will cause hot spots... painting is how I went for

years.. Flat White, not glossy like you'd think, it has the highest reflectivity of them all, used it for years.. Rolls of Mylar are pretty affordable too.. luck

I second the panda plastic. White, reflective, can staple up. Mylar looses reflectivity quicker if it gets wet. Panda plastic is more reusable if needed.

I would go with Panda plastic. Panda is water-repellent and durable, only problem is staple holes when you take it down.

White paint gets dirty and is not water-repellent.

Mylar just gets worn and dirty too fast. Can't be wiped down like Panda.

I like the interior of my Gorilla tents. Durable reflective water-repellent aluminized cloth, I don't know what it is called.

i use blue tint in my .....flat white paint for vegging
20150919_074954.jpg

b/w poly for flowers in including the floor

20150824_094628.jpg

I've always used white paint too but recently bought some panda film.

It's helpful to see the comments about it and the staple issue.

I'm wondering if stapling the panda film to a 1x3 and screwing the 1x3 to the wall studs and letting the film hang would make it more easily movable.
(Unscrew the 1x3 and roll up the wall.)

Flat white paint. Only if you're trying to squeeze the last few percent of reflection. Which really makes no difference if your plants aren't happy. Concentrate on the light, and nutrients, and how the plants react to them first.

Hey people, I appreciate all the replies. I forgot how mylar did not like water so by replies I'll get me some Panda Film. Painting around exposed studs would be too much. I'd rather just apply a good covering material on the walls and go. Both have to be done when a room is empty, but the film would require a lower amount of time compared to paint work and dry time, so I wouldn't have to wait to harvest to make the improvement. And the back sides of sheetrock, 3 rooms in my case, would require multiple coats of paint to cover well. Have a good one folks.

Back