Reveg in Rockwool?

L

Life B.

So, I have two plants that I harvested that I'd desperately like to keep.

I left a good deal of buds and leaves on them and have been revegging them for the past 4-5 weeks.

So far, no sign of new shoots nor the appearance of buds about to start pushing out new growth tips.

Wondering if there is a trick to doing this in rockwool cubes...I've been thinking of switching over to FloraNova veg nutrients for big shot of Nitrogen...maybe that will help?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

edit: oh, I forgot to mention I've tried this before with rockwool...the buds kept getting harder and darker until they started turning brown and falling off, while the rest of the leaves/stems were fine. Just never shot out new tips.

Last edited:
you might try cloning a bit of it...they root fast..then try to reveg..it can take a while

So, I have two plants that I harvested that I'd desperately like to keep.

I left a good deal of buds and leaves on them and have been revegging them for the past 4-5 weeks.

So far, no sign of new shoots nor the appearance of buds about to start pushing out new growth tips.

Wondering if there is a trick to doing this in rockwool cubes...I've been thinking of switching over to FloraNova veg nutrients for big shot of Nitrogen...maybe that will help?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

edit: oh, I forgot to mention I've tried this before with rockwool...the buds kept getting harder and darker until they started turning brown and falling off, while the rest of the leaves/stems were fine. Just never shot out new tips.

As long as the plants are vegging in 18 hours of light, then its just a matter of time before they put out new shoots, it just might take some time. Try pruning any small shoots, that will usually cause some quick growth. Yes, rockwool is absolutely fine to reveg in.

As long as the plants are vegging in 18 hours of light, then its just a matter of time before they put out new shoots, it just might take some time. Try pruning any small shoots, that will usually cause some quick growth. Yes, rockwool is absolutely fine to reveg in.

I can't seem to do it and I don't know why.

I've tried everything. Misting the rootball, light watering, heavy watering, organic feeds, pgr boosters...several different control groups and close monitoring always results in the same thing...

The plant gets rock hard and turns brown from the inside out. The buds that should be producing new shoots just turn brown and die, even after keeping them alive for 2.5 months.

As soon as it hits the ~3 month mark, it's RIP.

Did you try to root any clones off of it in its current state? might be worth a try if you want to hang onto her badly.... i've had some luck with that.

EW

When I reveg I would always just leave 1/3rd or so of the bottom of the plant, switch to veg nutes and 24hours light; within a few weeks its usually starting back into veg growth

Did you try to root any clones off of it in its current state? might be worth a try if you want to hang onto her badly.... i've had some luck with that.

EW

Next time I'm going to try rooting a budded cutting from the below the plant...but I expect next time to be far off because I plan on backing up any and all plants I may want to keep before I flip the lights on them.

But for now, all 3 plants are lost for good. Shit happens.

When I reveg I would always just leave 1/3rd or so of the bottom of the plant, switch to veg nutes and 24hours light; within a few weeks its usually starting back into veg growth

I tried to leave 2 buds and several fan leaves on each branch, so I get about 1/3 of the plant left.

I do not, however, go 24 hours. I should try that next time, if there is a next time.

I revegged a Poison Thunderfuck last winter. I used 24 hrs of light and I sped things up a little by cutting or pinching the lower parts of the buds..I always seem to get my reveg growth out of the top half of a bud..Better luck next time Life.

Back