reflectors and ballasts....whats everyone using these days if youre not using LED ?

Elkhunter

coolin in the Rockies..
Looking to re-do some old equipment and it seems like the old school single ended HPS options are shrinking....Elk..

Reactions: 180
I bought the most expensive BC ballast , Quantum Sealed Ac also Lumitek like u muggle they all gone in the wind 1-3 years they lasted .
So now I buy ACE 6-8 YEARS Now in the operation 1 ballast being running a solid year now 12/7/365 and its many years old .
Now there is a thing I did notice start up were quicker with the lumitek ONLY .
Ace Ballast 100 bones cheaper the most :puffpuffpass:

Also found discorolation (from black to nice browny purple gold ) from ace paint while subjected to HPS but more so cords melting from other ballast as they got to hot , no good for 24.7 use .
:2c:

Every magnetic ballast I have bought still works. The oldest is a 15 year old 400 HPS so it’s tough to change to electronic/digital knowing it’s a crap shoot on how long they last... also the increased cost of lamps.

I must say CMH is the one I would go to at this point if I wouldn’t need two.

Gavita de 1000s. I like em a lot. Run the Phillips HPS and a solistek 6500 & 10000 MH bulbs in flower. 6500k MH in veg.

Every magnetic ballast I have bought still works. The oldest is a 15 year old 400 HPS so it’s tough to change to electronic/digital knowing it’s a crap shoot on how long they last... also the increased cost of lamps.

I must say CMH is the one I would go to at this point if I wouldn’t need two.

Yes I have one thats 30 + years old ..
Now with this you can take with a grain of salt but here goes ,

Today tech in bulbs requires clean energy to be optimum Hense your 315 with built on power ....same with most high end setups like Gravita .
Clean power is cheaper to run also cooler on equipment and failures are less frequent .
Also the Control over lights/ballasts/systems with digi controllers seem to be the way via apps .

With that the newest of new LEDS are becoming main stream for product value at consumer level .
:2c: :study:

I use Chinese de CMH and Solistek with with ushio bulbs. I love the solis tek with the the photoperiod timer in them, but with the new ones you need to use a remote to control it, which I don’t like. I still have some hydrofarn magnetic that work but don’t use them. I love the cmh.

Hi Elk Hunter! Greenja back to the west, living in Portland! Have first grow in 10 yrs (was illegal in Chicago). So great to grow again and get away from outdoor.

I replaced my old Sun Systems HPS ballasts with a Gavita Pro 1700E. I'm really enjoying this light and the rel. lack of heat.

Anyway, I really just wanted to say Hi ;)

Back