Rediscovering an old hobby in SoCal

IcyCough

Hey all - middle aged family guy in SoCal, new to the forums, and rediscovering my old hobby of growing weed. It recently occurred to me after connecting with an old friend that growing is legal here and nothing is stopping me. Plus considering how much I spend at dispensaries, I’ve justified a fair spend to get this hobby in full gear. I’m excited learning all the modern conveniences like grow tents, led lights, wifi controllers, dialed in fertilizer kits, auto-cloners, carbon filter in-line fans, and especially widely available genetics!

My first round was 5 clones from all star-clones in a 2x4 tent. (Sfv og, aj’s diesel, zawtz, amarelo beltz, octane mint sherbert) the sfv and ajsd might actually be the same cut. The tent is outdoors next to my house. And the unusually cool humid winter near the ocean here ended my first round with mold! I’m considering buying one of those cannatrol controlled temp/humidity setups for a perfect dry/cure.

But clones were kept, and now I’ve got some freebie seedlings in flower from Tiki madman - Galactic Grapefruit. These look amazing.

Then i went on a mini seed buying binge. I think it’d be amazing to have a perfect sativa with a soaring high i can run outdoors someday. I popped a little sampling of a half dozen varieties that I just moved to 1 gallons for veg. I gotta build a little dedicated garden shed over the next few weeks to flower them.

Are there many other socal folks on the forum here?

Last edited:
Hey all - middle aged family guy in SoCal, new to the forums, and rediscovering my old hobby of growing weed. It recently occurred to me after connecting with an old friend that growing is legal here and nothing is stopping me. Plus considering how much I spend at dispensaries, I’ve justified a fair spend to get this hobby in full gear. I’m excited learning all the modern conveniences like grow tents, led lights, wifi controllers, dialed in fertilizer kits, auto-cloners, carbon filter in-line fans, and especially widely available genetics!

My first round was 5 clones from all star-clones in a 2x4 tent. (Sfv og, aj’s diesel, zawtz, amarelo beltz, octane mint sherbert) the sfv and ajsd might actually be the same cut. The tent is outdoors next to my house. And the unusually cool humid winter near the ocean here ended my first round with mold! I’m considering buying one of those cannatrol controlled temp/humidity setups for a perfect dry/cure.

But clones were kept, and now I’ve got some freebie seedlings in flower from Tiki madman - Galactic Grapefruit. These look amazing.

Then i went on a mini seed buying binge. I think it’d be amazing to have a perfect sativa with a soaring high i can run outdoors someday. I popped a little sampling of a half dozen varieties that I just moved to 1 gallons for veg. I gotta build a little dedicated garden shed over the next few weeks to flower them.

Are there many other socal folks on the forum here?
Yeah I’m from SoCal and welcome

Back