"red hairs" more potent?

Funkynugz

TCC Mod
2016-11-07 14.58.07.jpg

so when i was a young'un puffing weed, my friends and i were convinced that the hairs (aka mature pistils) held much of the wonderful psychoactive properties of the plant. so we would cull the hairs and fill up a bowl or doob. looking back it is ridiculous. but hey at least i don't call weed varieties "strands" :rofl:

Me personally don't think is more potent but sure crackles when you puff a hooter of them but sure is pretty .. :cheerleader:

Red hairs got their rep way back in the day.

Almost all the weed then was heavily seeded.

There were no red hairs because the pistils were all pollinated.

When, by chance, semi-seedless showed up, it was stronger.

The most visible manifestation was the red hairs.

( Visible trichs were still rare back then. )

I dunno fellas, I enjoy red hairs in my mouth if I'm gonna have any there...I prefer it slick as a whistle but red is just fine...:whistle:

Attachments

• red1.jpg
    red1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 8
I've smoked just the red hairs before.

They literally caught fire and I inhaled pure flame, scorched the back of my throat and gave me NO buzz...

I've smoked just the red hairs before.

They literally caught fire and I inhaled pure flame, scorched the back of my throat and gave me NO buzz...
yup sounds just about right :)
:whistle: minus the fire :puffpuffpass:
but we dam near puked

I grew a blueberry last winter that had a lot of red hairs when done and it was still potent smoke and was looking nice n old school. Old clammer's cut.

so when i was a young'un puffing weed, my friends and i were convinced that the hairs (aka mature pistils) held much of the wonderful psychoactive properties of the plant. so we would cull the hairs and fill up a bowl...
...gave me NO buzz...

Hehehe...:p...memory lane.

Been over 30 years since that one. A couple buddies and I thought the same thing, so we saved up the hairs until we had enough to pack a good size bowl...not just fill, but actually pack that shit in good. I got the honors of taking the first hit, and when I touched the lighter to it, it went up like a flash pan...the whole bowl fried in less than a hit. My buddies were so mad.:teeth: Took a while, but I was finally able to convince them that they hadn't missed anything. It tasted like burnt...that's it, just burnt. And it had absolutely no buzz to it. After a long sesh following that, we eventually saw the humor of it all, and they no longer remained mad at me.:p Man, those were the days.:)

View attachment 239628

so when i was a young'un puffing weed, my friends and i were convinced that the hairs (aka mature pistils) held much of the wonderful psychoactive properties of the plant. so we would cull the hairs and fill up a bowl or doob. looking back it is ridiculous. but hey at least i don't call weed varieties "strands" :rofl:

brother you are wrong. Ask any 16 year old and they'll tell ya those red hairs are a gift from aliens implanted into the genetic code to make the pot more potent.

Back