Powdery mildew and saftey smoking? or should I turn it into butter

DragNFly

BuZZZzzz'ed
Only one of 9 plants did not get it, Can I make oil with this since it heats up to 215 F?

this is what I found:
You can do a bud washing to remove the white powdery mildew on harvest day with wet trim.
It feels a little strange to write about this but I have seen it done by the legendary Jorge Cervantes.
So I will say you may be able to remove some of the fungal disease off the buds before drying.
This can be beneficial if you notice you have powdery mildew on your cannabis buds in the late flower stage.
What about all of the trichomes ? Supposedly they remain.
Here’s how it’s done:
It’s really easy and all you need is,

• Tap Water or R.O. water
  • H2O2 ( hydrogen peroxide 3% solution)
  • 2 Bins, Container or buckets for water at least 5 gallon size
  • Drying Rack of some kind
  • Fan
Ratio for a H2O2 ( hydrogen peroxide 3% solution) bath for powdery mildew is about 1.2-1.6 oz. per gallon.
You put 6-8 oz of hydrogen peroxide in the bucket and then put in 5 gallons of water roughly.
Mix it around.
Next, fill your other bucket with water.
Then place your newly harvested weed branches with white powdery mildew into the first bucket.
Let them sit in the hydrogen peroxide bath for 3 to 5 minutes.
You will see the powdery mildew spores move to the top of the water, then skim the top of the water to take the scum out.
You could use a sponge or cloth.
Take the washed buds out of the hydrogen peroxide water GENTLY .
Then simply dunk them into the second bucket for a clean water bath.
Jorge uses a hose. I would just use only a water bath.
Next Hang the cleaned branches of washed buds on a rack.
Place a fan in front and let it air dry.
Make sure the wet trim is dry before hanging to dry in your designated dry room or tent.

Last edited:
That's a real bummer, man! I wouldn't smoke that stuff if I were you. I don't know that it's actually BAD for your lungs, but why take the risk? I would make butter.

Last year my friend had a BIG Fire OG cross in his backyard, and it got covered with PM. Then someone stole it (duh). We laughed at the idiots, who doubtless tried to sell the weed but probably didn't find many buyers....

Thanks 180 thinking the same thing, I have the Butter Machine, I will probally make coconut oil for teaspoons , im out of pot, been along time since this has happened

Back