Plants looking sickly.

Slim Pickens

I Blue my mind.
I have plants that are exhibiting some issues.First,the veins started looking pale then yellowing,and finally showing brown spots.This started out of the blue,and several,but not all plants are affected.If they are,they are slow to exhibit a problem.I thought it was a ph problem initially,but ph is 6.5 according to test solution.Temps are approaching 80* during the day and mid 70's overnight.Soil is a mix of Light Warrior and Happy Frog.Plants are under a 240w LED hung 16-18" above the canopy running 24-4.They get fed Veg nutes along with 1/2 strength CalMag twice a month.

I don't know if it is coincidence or not,but these issues started around the time I installed the LED.I used the dimmer to try to get the plants accustomed to the new light,and turned it up slowly over 2 weeks so as not to shock them.IMG_1062.JPGIMG_1063.JPG

Looks a little like Mag or Manganese issues...but they are getting these nutrients.

it very well could be the lights but I had similar issues and a little bump with macro/micro nutes and epsom salts greened em right up...

My ferts have everything a plant could need looks like to me.I may give it a flushing,then 1/2 feed..... a spray of CalMag,then up pot to my outdoor pot,harden it off and let 'er grow.

(Disclaimer - I’m one of the most junior growers here, take advice with a grain of salt)

What size tent are you in? I would hike the lights up to 24”s - I’ve had to deal with some light bleaching as well, my 100w 4k quantum board in a 2x2 tent is at like 28” and I have zero issues with node spacing, in fact they stay pretty tight. When it was closer, I dealt with a lot of the same and type of stress early in veg. Is it worse at the top of the plant?

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/light-burn

Are those older (lower) leaves in the photos? Looks a lot like Mg deficiency, but if you're giving them calmag I don't know. I would say back off the feeding a bit, watch to see if the symptoms get worse.

My guess is a magnesium issue. Some kind of lock out. What is your ph at runoff? Flush!

I think you have a few things going on here...

Looks like you have a strain that is a food pig.. your photo shows early signs of possible N deficiency but the spots on the leafs as you look closer leans towards Potassium.. Maybe a little sulfur too..

As long as you don't see any leaf tip burn, I'd just step up the food strength first see what that does..

Don't do to many adjustments at once.. and if you begin to see it get worse flush them good and restart foods, check for bugs at leaf bottoms too...

Usually if light is to close you'll get bleaching or burning and not seeing that at all really.. get on top of this fast and you'll be fine..

Hey Slim...Up above I posted a web site that deals with sickly plants and how to cure them. Please go back a post or two. Trust me!!

Snookster

i have been battling the same thing. i believe the nute solution in my pots is turning towards the aicidic side of things when the pot is not filled with roots yet. I keep flushing fresh nute solution through them and it gets better.

(Disclaimer - I’m one of the most junior growers here, take advice with a grain of salt)

What size tent are you in? I would hike the lights up to 24”s - I’ve had to deal with some light bleaching as well, my 100w 4k quantum board in a 2x2 tent is at like 28” and I have zero issues with node spacing, in fact they stay pretty tight. When it was closer, I dealt with a lot of the same and type of stress early in veg. Is it worse at the top of the plant?

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/light-burn[/QUOTE

I'm in a 4x4.This difficulty shows in the middle and lower leaves first.I can't see how it could be leaf burn,as I the led isn't even turned up all the way.

Flush n feed, looks like some lock up. I'd feed at 50% strength the first time after flush, then normal after that.

Just what I was thinking Ghost.

I've been studying that like I was studying for midterms.Lol

Are those older (lower) leaves in the photos? Looks a lot like Mg deficiency, but if you're giving them calmag I don't know. I would say back off the feeding a bit, watch to see if the symptoms get worse.

Those leaves are in the middle of the plant 180.I don't want to see them continue to slide.I hope flushing will help.

My guess is a magnesium issue. Some kind of lock out. What is your ph at runoff? Flush!

Maybe I am applying CalMag too often?Every other feeding may actually be causing me more issues?I mentioned that my test strips weren't working.I don't know why when I would test both feed and runoff,it was always 7.Now I know without a doubt.

I think you have a few things going on here...

Looks like you have a strain that is a food pig.. your photo shows early signs of possible N deficiency but the spots on the leafs as you look closer leans towards Potassium.. Maybe a little sulfur too..

As long as you don't see any leaf tip burn, I'd just step up the food strength first see what that does..

Don't do to many adjustments at once.. and if you begin to see it get worse flush them good and restart foods, check for bugs at leaf bottoms too...

Usually if light is to close you'll get bleaching or burning and not seeing that at all really.. get on top of this fast and you'll be fine..

I'm going to go ahead and flush.This isn't confined to just 1 plant.This is showing in multiple plants.The one pictured is from seed,and is only a few weeks old.

Hey Slim...Up above I posted a web site that deals with sickly plants and how to cure them. Please go back a post or two. Trust me!!

Snookster

I have been pouring over that site Snookster.Theres far too many choices!I'm going to send them an email saying to reduce the choices to 3. :D

i have been battling the same thing. i believe the nute solution in my pots is turning towards the aicidic side of things when the pot is not filled with roots yet. I keep flushing fresh nute solution through them and it gets better.

Gotta get busy flushing,soon as I take the Missus to work.There is really only 1 place to accomplish this,and it is the kitchen sink.If she knew I was going to do this my a** would be grass.LOL

Last edited:
[
.If she knew I was going to do this my a** would be grass.LOL[/QUOTE]

Kind of like when the wife caught me curing wrinkle black paint on cylinders & barrels in the oven... :d1:

Slim buddy..everyone has their own opinion and I'll give you mine ..been through this many times before with what is exactly what your pictures show..
always had perfect PH, nutes, cal-mag and whatever but the culprit was always over watering..your getting root rot..pull a plant out and I'll bet you the roots are brown..
lift a pot and if its to heavy its to much water even with good drainage..I'll let my plants go to almost where they are wilting before they get a few drops of water..once they hit 2 feet and get into the ground or 100 gallon smartpots it pretty hard to over water but you still need to keep an eye out..even when I was doing indoor ebb and flo years ago in coco I kept water to a minimum..hope it works out for you..

I've found that epsom salts do a fine job of greening up plants...I had very similar issues and a half shotglass when feeding made the issue go away...magnesium and sulfur seem to be what they want...

Slim buddy..everyone has their own opinion and I'll give you mine ..been through this many times before with what is exactly what your pictures show..
always had perfect PH, nutes, cal-mag and whatever but the culprit was always over watering..your getting root rot..pull a plant out and I'll bet you the roots are brown..
lift a pot and if its to heavy its to much water even with good drainage..I'll let my plants go to almost where they are wilting before they get a few drops of water..once they hit 2 feet and get into the ground or 100 gallon smartpots it pretty hard to over water but you still need to keep an eye out..even when I was doing indoor ebb and flo years ago in coco I kept water to a minimum..hope it works out for you..

One of the first lessons I learned Rosso.Watch a plants leaves and they will indicate need for water as the leaves do a slight dip.Then I went to lifting the pot.Now I keep a log of watering/feeding.That also helps me anticipate the need for watering.

I've found that epsom salts do a fine job of greening up plants...I had very similar issues and a half shotglass when feeding made the issue go away...magnesium and sulfur seem to be what they want...

When I was all done flushing,I gave them all a light spray of CalMag,as I don't have any Epsom salts on hand.

Hope this makes more happier. :)

:puffpuffpass:

i completely agree. root rot will cause the substrate to become acidic as well. had this happen with a tray of plants where i didn't veg them long enough before i added the drip rings.

I'm going to go ahead and flush.This isn't confined to just 1 plant.This is showing in multiple plants.The one pictured is from seed,and is only a few weeks old.

Root rot might just be the culprit, especially since stating it's all the plants.. so either PH issue or bug infested (slap slap, nasty words). sorry, check your leaf bottoms good.. I take photos and then blow them up with paint, works great to check trichs to..

Slim I wish you the best in getting this figured.. it's across the board so maybe a strong feeding recently causing nute lockout.. flushing is a good start.. luck

Back