Phlizon?

So....compared to 'Advanced Platinum'...? I am no techie. The huge difference in price is what has me asking. We do know that price is really no indication of quality in so many consumer cases. Had to ask.

Way back when, I spent about $90 on a 90w UFO when they first showed up on the interweb. I had really good results with it considering the coverage and depth of penetration was limited. Last year, I spent $100 on a 1000w LED from a cheap company on amazon called KINGLED, actual wattage draw is around 230w. I finished an entire run with that unit in a small space and I will say the reaults were pleasing for what I paid for it. My main reason for trying it was to reduce heat in a tiny space that really couldnt be used unless the heat issue was addressed. I went cheap on the unit because Ive had good luck with various cheapo brands in the past. Nowadays they are worth the risk. The initial cost is low, the overhead is low, and the heat production is low. Takes a bit of tweaking to get the production we would like to see from them but when ya get it dialed, it really does perform well enough to consider if heat and power consumption is a concern. My power bill absolutely went down by about 25% compared to the metal halides I was using. After a successful run I purchased 3 more of those units and lite up a larger space. At 230w each, 4 units in a 4x4 space, temps never reached over 80. Penetration was good, and the plants really seemed to do great under them. Surprising to me, the hightype from the final smoke was great! So before you go dumping thousands into those glorified units, consider some of the cheaper brands. They will surprise!

This is for starting veggie garden. Our season is VERY short, here, so I start a bunch of stuff indoors, or overwinter things. Deepest darkest part of winter the sun is low and shines into the house very well, but daylight hours are short. As days get longer, the sun is higher in the sky, so we have less light shining in. I can see using supplemental lighting for most of the year. This year we started about thirty kale plants, on top of overwintering a few tomato plants. Turns out, kale is a darn easy 'houseplant'. Hubby got an Advanced Platinum that did very well, so he was going to order another, but I said to hold on, I would ask about less expensive units. One thing that I noticed that could make a big difference in cost, is the warranty.

Back