P/K boosters in late flower

redbeardy5

I'm curious how many people run p/k boosters, what week, and your final thoughts on them. I usually use a p/k in week 5 for 5 days, on a 9 week strain. Also how many of you use a p/k booster in the final weeks of flower for an added flower initiation. I cant say I noticed any HUGE difference when I use them other than fox tailing. Probably an old topic but a new time :025:

I'm curious how many people run p/k boosters, what week, and your final thoughts on them. I usually use a p/k in week 5 for 5 days, on a 9 week strain. Also how many of you use a p/k booster in the final weeks of flower for an added flower initiation. I cant say I noticed any HUGE difference when I use them other than fox tailing. Probably an old topic but a new time :025:

The p/k boosters that i have tried was open sesame, cha-ching, and beastie bloomz. And on the last couple grows that i used it on my buds fox tailed pretty badly, and they stretched too. I hated it. I only use it once right when they start preflowering just to give em a kick. Lol other than that i dont use em.

i've tried so many....
Shooting Powder i used for many years, used it week 1, 6 and 7
i had issues getting Shooting Powder for a while and switched to
HP2 by Roots Organics. i use it weeks 1,2,6 and 7
i'm happy with the results of the HP2 so i'll continue to use it.

Ive used them in the past. It was meh, but i was a newbie at the time. Ive hard better results not using boosters. In bud set i like giving a little extra P, and in budswell, i like giving a little extra K, but nothing crazy. Ive slowly learned less can be more. Again, im a newbie, so take it woth a grain of salt.

Ive used them in the past. It was meh, but i was a newbie at the time. Ive hard better results not using boosters. In bud set i like giving a little extra P, and in budswell, i like giving a little extra K, but nothing crazy. Ive slowly learned less can be more. Again, im a newbie, so take it woth a grain of salt.

It's good that as a self described noob that your already a step ahead of the game by learning "Less is more"

I've found that if you purchase a nice soil that very little foods are really needed.. the Roots Organics I use has guanos in it and all the other additives needed for any 3mos plant to thrive in it... I actually did a side by side last year of a plant I only gave Cal n Mag to and one I fed throughout the grow and the difference was not noticeable enough to justify the added costs to buy an entire line of food.. however I have narrowed it down to a few performers I've really noticed what it does for root growth n such..

Why NOT to use any bloom boosters...

What should be understood here is that these medical plants want to grow and will do so without any added enhancements or nutrients. When growing cannabis, it is important to remember that natural is the best way to go. As the human body thrives off of more natural means, so too do these plants. Furthermore, using "grow boosters" and/or extra nutrients to enhance the flavor of the cannabis actually has the opposite effect. These methods most often cause the taste to become harsh or bitter whereas more simple and natural means enable the plant to become more full-bodied, flavorful, and potent.

So, are we all just falling into all ads, brainwashed into thinking we need all this crap. I think the biggest thing that started this was growing hydro where all the supplements HAVE to be given to the plant via water feeding as they have no soil base to feed from and somehow this has slid its way over to soil growing where 1st we buy expensive soils and on top of that hundreds of dollars in foods.. when maybe we should worry about better lumen output to increase our bud production... just a thought. :dancer:

Oh we all have gotten hit by the sales pitch and the desire to grow better buds, or more of them.
We can mess up the floral stage, but the only time they should be used is during that first week of bud onset, when all is just going to start, so the plant has that extra nutrient kick to get started flowering.
Over time I have learned, or I think, the floral process is a series of stages, weeks by some, and so at each stage the nutrient diet that the plant desires changes a bit, and with hydro or coco, inert medium, one can see very nice end results, but I have learned to not add much near the end as if all grew correctly there is still a lot of stored nutrients that can be used with in the plant.

Soil is truly a different game and there is a lot to learn with it, if one is seeking to be at that level. I do not get a lot of vegy's to grow here for me, not as I would like, so I do believe I need to learn more about what shit I have, what it needs, and how best to supply that to the soil beds so that I can grow something I can eat. Get that down and you will grow great weed in the same soil, and when flower time comes around a mulching of additives may be used or needed, here a soil test should be done to see how the NPK is at that time to determine what is needed, if anything.
I think it boils down to the grow and what they are after and want, some do not care, others do care to a point, and than others care a lot about that end product they are going to smoke or use, and than we have those that go over board, to some, as they love the plant and feel they can be one with the plant ( a super good understanding of it all) is how I see it.

I do not think I answered the question, :puffpuffpass::applause: I am good it is Shatter Day, just smoked more to make up for the difference.

I am a huge fan of using compost teas to facilitate(or at least aid the process) certain conditions. I will top dress with raw and/or dried amendments(plant and animal), mostly in the veg stages. Haven't grown canna in 2 years but I run a lot of containers for fruits, flowers, herbs, veggies, etc and will cut living plants from one container, chop them up and let them decompose in another container; there is constant rotation and decomposition occurring. As a result of that process;I think the plants have everything they need to alter their local root zone conditions throughout the various growing cycles. Beyond that, I'm of the strong opinion that indoor growing has become very limiting in terms of the size of the containers. All these people nowadays running 4x4 beds indoors... genius!! There's a large learning curve there of course.. figuring out wet/dry cycles, drainage, moving larger containers from here to there.. etc..
:puffpuffpass:

Ill definitely second the part where soil is a different ball game. To a degree, i think hydro is easier.

Ive read a lot of bottle lines leave their basic lines void of certain things so you buy the more expensive additives and such. Not sure if true but would make sense.

I have used various products over the years and the only thing I would add to all the other thoughts is to make sure you know your plant growing it more then once before using something like this and start out easy or you'll screw up fine buds.

Goodluck :afroweed:

speaking of bloom stimulators, has anyone ever used supa sticky in flower...been hearing things about it...all good

We are talking coco here as well.....

You did say you didnt notice a huge difference.

I think people only notice a difference if theyre lacking that component. If youre giving your plant everything it needs, how much can you really boost it? At that point youre just putting more $$$ into the pot, that if it doesnt use it, will build up and create problems, or just leech away and be a waste.

i have been using for about a year and am happy with the results.

thanks oldsog, I was given a bottle of it and know little about it...I'm slowly trying it in a tent but have little time to see any results...I've never used stimulators but figured it would be worth a shot...

Back