Original Sunshine Daydream

Hammertime

Howdy Folks.

I always liked this strain. It had good stretch to make great cuttings.

At the beginning of October I wrote and told Dman that I had found and was germing a pack of his old Sunshine Daydream. Ive had these in the deep freeze for over 18 years, maybe even longer. There are also some Smoke -a- Cola and some Alpha and Omega that I saw in the freezer along with some of Shant's old stuff too.

Its been a few years since I grew anything so we shall see how this goes. Was one of the old Cannabis World growers back in the day and got these from Dman thru Heavens Stairway.

Out of 18 beans, 4 germed and showed tails. I used the tried and true wet paper towel behind the furnace method. The 4 sprouted went into sunshine mix. The other 14 went into another media to see if they would sprout but none came up. The others opened, but just didnt sprout.

I lost 1 of the 4 to damp off, and another was stunted so it was culled. Gained two strong females. They are so far very uniform.

Decided to sprout some old Skunk Red Hair which will give me a strong male to make some beans.

God willing this will be a great run.

very nice! I'm curently runnign Bohdi's Sunshine Daydream.. What's the lineage of Dman's SSDD?

why do you keep your beans in the freezer?

Last edited:
DEFINITELY subbed for the show! Very interested in the skunk beans! Hope everything goes well for you. Would you happen to have any Federation Hawaiian Sativa beans tucked away?

Well 4 S.U.R.E. The Sunshine Daydream of Bodhi is all different than the make up with the SSDD that D-Man put out back yonder /.Did a lot of search to only see nobody could actually say what made up this cross .. Well step up & spill yer guts to see what is what ?? :hook:

Although I loved the Morning Dew & Orange Spice he put out this SSDD is a great one to preserve ...:kp:

Hola Gang

That was quite a find
Who does'nt love those
old strain.

Hopefully seeds will come out of it

Bare

Awesome! I remember those. I grew out some dman seeds back in the day. Great stuff as I recall. Exciting to see older stuff resurfacing.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone.

Tempus Fugit

I believe there is a pack of Silver Spice down in that freezer.

Thank you all for the kind reply's.

The calyx's are starting to swell so it wont be long now! I raised the lights and cut the time to 11 hours today.

freezer

very nice! I'm curently runnign Bohdi's Sunshine Daydream.. What's the lineage of Dman's SSDD?

why do you keep your beans in the freezer?

To be honest I dont know the lineage of SSDD. Maybe Dman can share it? I can see traits that I perceive to be from other strains but you never know.

The seeds stay in the freezer as Im trying to preserve the genetics. All wrapped up in plastic, Im hoping they wont dry out.

DEFINITELY subbed for the show! Very interested in the skunk beans! Hope everything goes well for you. Would you happen to have any Federation Hawaiian Sativa beans tucked away?

If your up on the side of a volcano, then growing those Sat strains is easy. Under lights not so easy. No Federation Hawaiian Sativa beans, but I have some of Sam's older combo's. Was it Juicyfruit that came from this?

Back