options for a good veg light?

BreezeEazy

I step out for a little bit and feel like the landscape has changed a little. I have t5s for clone, gavita 1000s for flowering, but I need a good starter light so they can leave the t5, and get ready to go under my 1000s, even if its powered at 600w. Saw gavita has a 315 cmh? Do they still make 600s de?

I’ve been very happy with my HLG (went with 4k spectrum for veg) I do wish it had a dimmer switch but the larger ones that you may be looking at likely do (my veg tent is only 2x2). If HLG is pricy for you there are other brands and Chinese knock offs as well that others seem to like

I’ve not run a cmh but I’ve heard a lot of good things about those as well.

Olday is so right here.... I run the spider farmer light which is the exact setup as his HGL.. the samsung diodes kill it and the bright white spectrum is all the difference, a real game
changer in vegging.. man, I've started plants under a 600w hps that didn't look this good at a week old from seed..
1 wk from seed...Lemon Britches 2.jpg

clone 10 days under light... Oger Run #2.0.jpg

Has a lot of people gone LED? I'd consider upgrading my flower lights down the road if they really perform good. Right now my flower and veg foot print is 16" x 30" in flower and 16" x 34" in veg. LEDs kicking ass now days?

folks seem to be still working out the kinks with LED's, I love my 315's...I'm using 4 of them...the 630's are like blast furnace, super hot...

Close B.U.T. No cookie .. LED has come a long way & very impressive but can still not produce the density a more sure light produces but in anyway for ALL your light & bulb needs make sure to always purchase from >> CREE bulb Company !! <<:teeth:

I won’t claim to be a grower of the caliber that most are on hear all consider the source, but I disagree that LEDs are no longer ready for prime time. I can say that what I’m growing with LEDs (I use HLG rspec 550 in a 4x4) far exceeds my experience with HOS and the a couple of local growers ran the same cut as me under HPS and mine were both frostier and denser than what they finished with. I can’t speak to the CMH and I know it brings a lot to the table that people are really happy with as well

The info and articles I read on them sound impressive. If they can penetrate up to 12" they would work for me in flower. Anyways... the LEDs are great for veg? There is a COB and a QB model I'm looking at. Even an HLG that claims to be equal to a 200w MH. I think I have to be confined to 22" of room from top of my area to bottom of the vinyl post. A 315 definitely wont work then and I really need to consider LEDs

if you're looking for a great LED for Veg look into Apollo 8's. You order from china. They are full spectrum, 600 watts i believe. By full spectrum i mean they include IR and UV. It does cost a bit more, runs around $300. But they do work great, much better than the Mars Hydro LED i have and you can get replacement parts for it very easily. The last one i had I ran for 7 years, btw.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32424428724.html

My local grow store have been selling this brand... PHOTOBIO • MX 680W 100-277V S4 spectrum ...and although it`s to big for your purpose BreezeEasy they do claim the following...." The PHOTOBIO•MX changes everything. We took a step back, evaluated all the fixtures on the market, and then set out to do things entirely different. The result is a 680W fixture delivering 15% more light to your canopy, using 35% less power than a 1000W DE fixture. Increase yields while driving down operational cost. The spectrums were developed in a private research laboratory to drive flower yield and elicit market desirable traits in short day resin producing crops.... It`s still over a 1000.00 bucks here but it does have a 11 year diode life operating 12 hours per day....might try to get the demo at the shop and give it a try...take care n stay safe.

I agree with Olday and Bush Dr.

Considering the size of your spaces, you will not need a large LED fixture for either (a 315 CMH would be overkill, imho). A friend who is setting up his first indoor grow in a 24"x48" space is looking at ~150w range LED fixtures.

You will be surprised by the brightness you get for not-very-many-watts. And with so many diodes, you get excellent penetration because there are fewer shadows.

Go with the C.O.B. 4 sure !! I use a equal of a 600w LED & does good for all I want but mostly am doing just seed runs so still comes out impressive so you should be alright :clown:

66653069_387852528526762_6106904291832758272_n.jpg…...IMG_1908.JPG

Alright, well I just got talked into LEDs. I found a HLG thats perfect for my veg. I'll start there unless I found something with a better warrenty. Maybe replace my gavita 1000s down the road. Thanks!

Alright, well I just got talked into LEDs. I found a HLG thats perfect for my veg. I'll start there unless I found something with a better warrenty. Maybe replace my gavita 1000s down the road. Thanks!

If the one you are getting doesn’t have dimmer switch than don’t get one that is outside of their veg space recommendations (not the flower ones). The 100w was way too bright for my 2x2 and made things difficult. Swapped it out with the 65 and life is great

I ordered the hlg 350r. Dims down to 60w. I think it was for a 3x3 area but I figure this will give me the ability to operate in this small area and scale up if I choose. I don't need much with this hydro setup. They'll be moving from system to system fast. Really interested in doing a side by side with one of my gavitas vs an led

Back