Odd

burnie

Hey all ! Trimmed a lot in my life , but ran into something different . Trimmed some Animal Cookies and my fingers and scissors both got covered in a very black " hash " . Most all trimming I`ve done , results were clear/green in color...never black . My thumb and index finger looked like I`d used a Sharpie on `em . Any ideas ? Thanks !
peace

Thanks guys , just wanted to make sure I wasn`t smokin` some black mold or other crap ! Gonna` smoke some and try it out .
peace

I've been growing sourD for the past few years and if I don't wear rubber gloves while trimming my scissors and fingers will turn black with goo..need to constantly clean the scissors because they get to sticky, I like burning the scissors on an open flame and then wiping them off with a paper towel that has been sprayed with olive oil....all the other chit I grow is a piece of cake and not as much resin as sourD..

never heard of animal cookies..is it the same as the girl scout cookie?

They were 63-65 days in bloom . Hadta` take a tad early due to finding some powdery mildew . Trichomes were almost 50/50 clear/amber . And yes , I always trim immediately . And yep , Animal Cookies are cousins to GSC . Thanks again guys !
peace

ah yeah bc scissor/finger hash is much more copious when you trim whet as opposed to dry - sometimes when the buds are super "greasy" i get end up with some very black hash

so did you partake?

Yep , and it was up to par ! Love that hash taste !! Had to use acetone to clean hands and scissors , but it works good . And damn......this house smells good !
peace

Burnie, that acetone is nasty stuff! You know olive oil works to dissolve resin, too, right? Just run hot water on it to soften the resin, then massage with olive oil and the resin comes off. Safer than acetone! :)

Alcohol's probably cheaper than olive oil. It probably works better too. My crew has several pairs of trimming scissors. We always have a container of alcohol on hand to continuously switch out with clean ones, when they get a little gummed up. Really speeds things up when you always have clean scissors.

I think a lot of the black is simply the result of oxidation. Some resins from some strains just might oxidize quicker than others is my guess

Back