Nova Precision Decarboxylator

sticky is as sticky does
Howdy peeps, ran across this product and thought it might be of interest to some here:

http://www.ardentcannabis.com/product/nova-decarboxylator

What it does is use controlled heating to decarb up to an ounce of weed, automatically. Can also be used for extracts.

I know an ounce is not enough for some people who make quantities of edibles, but for the "home user" or hobbyist, this thing looks pretty sweet.

Price is $210, and with the discount code, WeCare, you get $35 off.

hey 180!

this is a unit recommended by a few businesses i know. 1 family bus i talk to uses them exclusively for their edible line. they run a line of popcorn & another of ice cream.
it produces excellent results & is damn near fool proof(not necessarily stoner proof).
i want to pick up a few later in the summer.
it has a 1/2 oz capacity, not a full oz, still quicker, easier, more effective & less smell, than many other units
i still recommend the "magical butter machine" for pain-free extractions, for the home; but strictly for decarb, this produces better results!

A

does this mean that i should really first decarbox

the coconut oil /herb concentrate i make in the crock pot for 48 hrs ?

am i missing out on more octane?

48 hours is plenty long enough to decarbox your coconut oil mix, as long as the temp is high enough. Are you simmering for 48 hrs.?

melon;

there is no reason to process that long! by decarb, you will be able to cut that to less than 10% of that. saving time, $ & smell, not tomention a better finished product.

bonne chance!
A

I was passed some very worthy info years ago from a family member who happens to be a certified chemist. He spend years logging his own data and research to find the perfect method of extraction. He specified for me the most effective temp/time parameters for extracting high THC and high CBD.

High THC low THC-A; 350F degrees MAX. After you hit 350F the extraction is complete and you should remove from heat at this point. Going any higher degrades THC very quickly. This process should only take 1 hour. Bring it up to heat steadily and watch the temp like a hawk.

High CBD low CBD-A; 360-400F degrees, 3-4 hours. CBD is very stable and requires higher temps and prolonged period of time to complete. One could even carry out this process more than one time and achieve better results(results will vary greatly depending on THC/CBD ratio). You will want to choose a true high CBD variety for this, any significant THC% will be degraded and thus wasted. Start with the highest CBD possible.

Capsual recipe: strength of this recipe is quite strong and I would consider it to be a standard for capsules and baked goods.
28 grams cannabis flour or 12-15 grams hash/kif or 10 grams pure oil extract: 100 ml oil, 25% oil loss over production - 75 ml, '0' size cap = 100 ct. Capsuals

The big factor here is the fact that the decarboxylation process happens IN the extraction medium, not before.

I've got one headed my way already, funny you post this now!

Should be able to test it out before the holidays I'm hoping. I got this and the magical butter machine based on baronAs recommendation...

If I fall off the face of the planet, then you know it works good lol...stand by

Well I did about an oz thru on my first round of trying. Took 3 fills using loose trim and popcorn buds, so definitely not for production runs of trim. I want to try hash next. Made 4 sticks of butter that I am easing my way into slowly.

I need to wash the flavor out but can't find the good tutorial I remember...

FOE , you know we want a step by step pictoral when ya` get used to using it.....right ?
peace

you bet burnie....I'll film my lady workin it....should be here in a lil over a week.....kinda stoked...
FOE20

don't be sayin stuff like that here foe, people have fithy minds and might think otherwise...just sayin...:teeth:

Really...you have my attention, please expand on this

When I first started vaping I didn't know what to do with the vaped goods so I collected it in jars. One day talking to the dude in the head shop I ask him what he does with his and he tells me he uses it for edibles as it is already decarbed. I've been doing it ever since and you can also do a mix of it and undecarbed material.

Back