Not sure if too late

Sleevecc

I have an Attic grow going and I just put my photos into flower a week ago, I think I waited too long and by the time they are done the will be in the lights or trying to go through the roof. The canopy is rather flat surprising,, My question is,, is it too late to pinch the stems and fold all limbs over horizontally and put a net over them?

If this post is in the wrong place please move..

you could do that or try topping them. :dunno:
All if these plants have 24-32 nodes I am kinda afraid to top them anymore.. why Im not sure, honestly just doesnt seem like a good idea to me for some reason, it would slow down the flowering I would think? But then again pinching and bending very well may as well. Guess this is why I am asking for best solutions.

Don't top them anytime after they begin to flower but you can still pull them down with string or pipe cleaners to the lower parts with no problem or bend them down slowly without snapping ..

Don't top them anytime after they begin to flower but you can still pull them down with string or pipe cleaners to the lower parts with no problem or bend them down slowly without snapping ..

Well I have pipe cleaners all over the place each have pretty fair (for first grow in 20 years) manifolds, I really dont have anything to pull them too anymore, unless maybe I take string and staple to the floor,, but then I risk screwing them up everytime I lift to water, growing in Coco, kinda in a pickle one might say. Pinch and bend no good?

pinch and bend is better than cutting for sure, nothing wrong with pinching.
hang somehting like a fishing weight from the branch to bend possibly. Depending on the size, I use the top of the pot to attach a clip and string to tie the branch to the clip.
Why do you move your pots? Need a better system unless you only have a couple.

pinch and bend is better than cutting for sure, nothing wrong with pinching.
hang somehting like a fishing weight from the branch to bend possibly. Depending on the size, I use the top of the pot to attach a clip and string to tie the branch to the clip.
Why do you move your pots? Need a better system unless you only have a couple.

I allow 15-20% of run off into pie pans when watering so I have to lift to remove pan to empty, and yes I concur I need a better system. This height issue kinda caught me off gaurd. Next time around I will implement a drainage system if not go full hydro.

Use a wet vac. Simple.

Great idea if I had one!!,, Ill pinch and bend for now and put a soccer net over them. hopefully it wont slow them down too much. Ill get some pics of the process. rather proud of these 14 girls, just hope I dont screw them up. snapping limbs always seems like a bad idea, but imma have to do something.

Yeah great idea. Thank you. next time around Ill get water ran up there and drainage put in,, been roughing it bdaly this time around.. carrying 14 2 liters bottles of water up a step ladder then across the house through the attic to this space every 2 days,, SUCKS!!

If I pinch and bend do I need to put a net or something over it? Or just leave it? Ill guess Ill know when they flower more and can't hold themselves up.

Last edited:
Great idea if I had one!!,, Ill pinch and bend for now and put a soccer net over them. hopefully it wont slow them down too much. Ill get some pics of the process. rather proud of these 14 girls, just hope I dont screw them up. snapping limbs always seems like a bad idea, but imma have to do something.

Sounds like a plan Stan - and I do this all the time. Def no on the topping, that will hurt all around. :thumbsup:

Some strains handle the bending better than others - some are brittle, some are supple. The reason to pinch, is to weaken the bend point enough to allow it to bend without snapping, so the amount of pinching is strain dependent. You can do it by hand, or also with a pair of pliers - wrap some tap around the jaws to make them softer. Another way is to give it a good 'twist' - hold above and below the bend point, and twist the stem, about 1/4 turn, back and forth once or twice, you'll feel it change and 'give way', and then you can bend safely without snapping the stem.

The net is a good idea, though going to be hard to lift the plants to get those trays in and out. Maybe skip, and if weight of the buds causes too much droop, just prop them up with little bamboo or other stakes? Don't worry if buds aren't vertical, in a couple of days they will reorient themselves to the lights no problem.

Also, I broke off a main cola this time on one of the plants while training through the screen - oops - it was hanging by a fiber. Lined it back up and wrapped painters tape around it, and it's coming along just fine!

Now that watering situation sounds like a real pita, especially with that many pie tins. Any chance you can put a connected catch tray under them - like a gutter (don't really have a visual)? Even if you lose an inch or two in height. Then, perhaps you can run a hose up there, or pump it up? If so, you could then siphon the runoff out and back down out of the attic? Dunno, little kluge setup might payoff in time and hassle.

Good luck!! :cheerleader:

OK here are a couple images,, I think Imma wait a little bit,, I bent a couple stems on the taller plant in the middle,, I also noticed some kind of white mold growing on a couple of them ,, something I should be concerned about?
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I didnt measure and the pics are a bit decieving but some of the plants are about 18 inches to 2 foot from the lights.

Back