No till living soil

We top dress right when we transplant. Just neem seed meal, insect frass and castings. Then we feed a few compost extracts and top dress malted barley around day 21. We feed h2o most of the time with some coconut, q or aloe here and there!
Timing with top dress is important because the time it requires for those elements to break down and become available.

Do you find the neem meal gives a ton of nitrogen up front, and then fades quick?

Timing with top dress is important because the time it requires for those elements to break down and become available.

Do you find the neem meal gives a ton of nitrogen up front, and then fades quick?
Exactly gotta be careful with top dressing as the food is usually available days to weeks later. With neem we like to have a little extra nitrogen in the beginning as we veg for a week in the beds then flip. I’d say the neem lasts a good 3 weeks. Allowing the plants lots of nitrogen as they kick in to the new homes then the first few weeks of stretch. Helps with microbiology as well. The insect frass and castings balance it out.

? My base is peatmoss perdalite and compost 20% being worm casting I'm adding basalt kelp meal need cake crab meal malted barley grain and alfalfa meal should I add gypsum or not I already made it with out but I can add or just top dress and suggestions thanks

Attachments

• 17104330206251808502892884499140.jpg
    17104330206251808502892884499140.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
? My base is peatmoss perdalite and compost 20% being worm casting I'm adding basalt kelp meal need cake crab meal malted barley grain and alfalfa meal should I add gypsum or not I already made it with out but I can add or just top dress and suggestions thanks
Gypsum is highly recommended. The crab meal has some calcium, but not much else you mentioned.

.I used mineral salts for over 40 years ..

now I am organic..I am so far from scientific.

I just throw promix bale..4 .x.20L.bags of worm castings..some guano,..gypsum ..some kelp..and a bag of hen pellets

I water everything well..it heats up for up to a week or so and can be used after it cools down

what I do now after being wh[organic] for a years recycle the last “dirt”...and add a shovel or two of the rather potent fresh cooked stuff.

and from then on use the hose with a spray wand every 4 days

[for entertainment purposes only ]

Last edited:
Back