NEW Site Bugs, Issues and Suggestions...

Had an issue this morning trying to upload media: The file was an .mp4, and had a simple name (bong.mp4), but the uploader gave an error message saying unsupported file format. .mp4 is on the list of supported formats, so not sure what's up with that.

Edit: Yep, just tried again and no cigar.

Had an issue this morning trying to upload media: The file was an .mp4, and had a simple name (bong.mp4), but the uploader gave an error message saying unsupported file format. .mp4 is on the list of supported formats, so not sure what's up with that.

Edit: Yep, just tried again and no cigar.
We'll see whats up with that Bro!

Works for me when uploading to an Album. Although, I couldn't post it directly into this post, I was able to link it to the Album.

Test

I tried again. I was definitely uploading to an existing album. But I still got this error message:

bong.mp4

This file is not encoded in a supported format and cannot be transcoded. Please upload a different file.

The video was 13.2mb. That's not too big, is it?

I tried again. I was definitely uploading to an existing album. But I still got this error message:

bong.mp4

This file is not encoded in a supported format and cannot be transcoded. Please upload a different file.

The video was 13.2mb. That's not too big, is it?
Okay I did some digging. .mp4 is just the container for the video. Depending on where it was downloaded they can have different codecs parameters. Try running your file through an .mp4 converter. This will strip out any codecs variables from the file, and convert it to the .mp4 format that is supported.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/user-cant-upload-mp4-videos.184242/

Reactions: 180
Okay! I went to this German website and uploaded the video. It came back as 4.4mb (it was 13.2mb before the conversion, so there must've been a lot of junk in the file), and it works.

View media item 93

Last edited:
Hey, here's another one for ya. This is not a big problem, but, when one posts a link, it is not highlighted or underlined in the text body, so it's easy for people to miss the link even being there. My work-around has been to boldface and color the text of the link, but there must be a setting somewhere that would do the same thing automatically.... ?

I'm pretty consistently getting pages that are not loading properly - I'll try to screen cap next time.

Running Opera but tried in Chrome and saw the same thing. Refreshing the page doesn't solve the problem either.

I'm pretty consistently getting pages that are not loading properly - I'll try to screen cap next time.

Running Opera but tried in Chrome and saw the same thing. Refreshing the page doesn't solve the problem either.
I've been occasionally having this issue with my ancient Windows laptop. Try clearing browser history and cookies.

I usually run Opera but it is Chrome on the inside, so back when we were using VBulletin, we were told not to run Chrome OR Opera due to security issues. So instead I use Firefox/Mozilla. I have zero issues with page loads using Firefox....

Does anyone else’s new alerts show up white and you cant read it until you click/touch on them
I’m assuming you’re using one of the dark skins. If you just hover over the alert, it will show. In the mean time, I’ll let @Skitty know and see if he can adjust the alert box color in the dark skins.

Back