new growth at end of budding cycle????

Grizzly

so i have a question, things have been going relly good with my genetics, we are starting to get a good variety and thank you for the previous help. my question today is that at the end of budding when it came time to harvest i was noticing a lot of white hairs, where they should be orange to my knowledge. it looks like new growth is happening at the end when it shouldnt be. anyone have an idea at what may be going on?

That’s senescence and the plant is starting to grow again .. what medium are you in?

If I give my plants in coco a plain water flush that happens to me within 5-6 days, so now taper feeds down is my solution ... in coco plain water can destroy the cation exchange

ok thank you. I'll look into that. im usung a soiless mix, i think its called promix I'll double check. so when it comes time to flush at the end maybe not run just straight water? add some nutes to it?

Grizzly, I'm in promix and i usually reduce the feeding to half strength about ten days or so before harvest, then the last two or three waterings just get plain water. If you feed your plants lightly all through 12/12 and don't really push them, they should start to show some yellowing and fading toward the end, which is what you want.

we call them fox tails around here Grizzly..not a bad thing..stop feeding 2 to 3 weeks before harvest..best regards..

That’s senescence and the plant is starting to grow again .. what medium are you in?

If I give my plants in coco a plain water flush that happens to me within 5-6 days, so now taper feeds down is my solution ... in coco plain water can destroy the cation exchange

I thought senescence was when the plant started to die. In coco if I cut feed too early, they dont finish? Aint this a bitch. I have a lot of white hairs too, and things are starting to foxtail, I thought that was because the light intensity was too high. I give them 30ml/4 gallons of sugar with every watering but no food for the past week. They are changing colors but I need the hairs to turn brown.

Ok cool! That makes sense. I'm going to up my homemade boost which is simple syrup with citric acid, and go from 30ml to 120ml in 15L ro, that's approximately 1 ounce per gallon. Hairs are about 50/50 white/browning and trichs are 90/10 cloudy/clear. The plan is to go at least another 6 days before chopping, probably more like 8 or 9 days. I'd like to see about 95/5 cloudy/amber.

I havent updated the thread in a few weeks, been busy with the family, I'll try to get some up soon, definitely before chop. I think the babu is a contender for POTM

Back