Need a new flower light.

I've only ever run LEDs, but if you're into those I've been referring people to medicgrow flash sales for cheapest price per watt i've seen anywhere. Regularly 600-720 watters go for under 300. I've been running a Fold-6 in a 4x4 without issue for over a year, it runs pretty cool about 10 degrees above ambient lung room. I hear nothing but good from HLG but they are certainly more pricy.

weedy, the LEDs that are equal in output to a 600w HPS will draw about 400w or less.

Here's one that's designed for a 2'x4', draws 260w: $359 on sale 5% off:

not trying to hijack your thread but does anyone have any thoughts on the new led light coming out that can produce all sorts of light spectrums, for ex hps, mh, cmh, etc

not trying to hijack your thread but does anyone have any thoughts on the new led light coming out that can produce all sorts of light spectrums, for ex hps, mh, cmh, etc
:sunny:

This guy?

I’m skeptical of those spectrums unless it contains those elements or new technology? I know LEDs lack much of the spectrum generally.

HLG 260 Rspec FR

It's a 260 watt light for $250. HLG is a name-brand company and that is the cheapest damn light for the wattage I have ever seen them put out. It also fits a 2x4.

If I was buying another 2x4 light then that's what I would get.

So a buddy gave me a bestva led light I am trying out! YouTube has some ok reviews for them. Think I am still gunna save my money and get another 600w hps.

So a buddy gave me a bestva led light I am trying out! YouTube has some ok reviews for them. Think I am still gunna save my money and get another 600w hps.
If you went with approx. 600w of LED, you could double your footprint with the same electrical usage. Alternately, you could use approximately 300-400 "often listed as "4000 w LEDs") watts of LED if you are confined to a 2x4 area I know it can all get a bit confusing because many manufacturers play a shell game with numbers. Even when you know the true wattage draw of leds, you are still kind of comparing apples and oranges because good LED's put out a considerable amount more light per watt consumed.

I have Viparspectra lights. An XS2000 and a XS1000 in my 2X4. It allows me some flexibility if one, or some, of my plants are shorter. 320 watts total. My last grow I had 2 plants, and 1 was about 10" taller than the other. I was able to keep both at the same DLI.

Back