Mystery Adventurine sherlock and my old faithful oney

duzt

Grass Blowing Artist
I made this oney a few years ago and she has served me well. I made the sherlock last week for a local shop, solid mystery adventurine coilpot hobnail pattern, pretty simple but effective (very functional dry piece, my favorite). The power was out for 2 days and we had a freak snow (it doesn't snow here for the most part) so I had to go make a snoafroman.

AloHigh dutz, Nice pipe, I also like adventurine. I have some beads and made a nice adventurine necklace. Why don't you sell something at the Cabana Market?
peace, potpots

AloHigh dutz, Nice pipe, I also like adventurine. I have some beads and made a nice adventurine necklace. Why don't you sell something at the Cabana Market?
peace, potpots

hehehe......i was gonna post the same thing.........I'm currently looking for a new sherlock or double bubbler....got the holidays coming around the corner ;)

bf

I think I'd have to take the long way around if the shop you sold to is up in Tahoe (maybe 88 is open), because I love that work.
:hmm:
Good thing we just put new tires on the Jeep. :teeth:

Lol, stryder, I was thinking of quagmire when I was making him, didn't finish, I got bored.

Seamaiden, it's actually much closer, it's over in cameron park at the skate/pipe shop behind where the old Sam's town used to be. Tell them you are a friend of Dustin and he may hook you up a deal (he has it priced too high and I can always make more).

I'm having a hard time keeping up with orders and I don't use paypal (made a $500 piece for a guy on the east coast, he used his sisters card without my knowledge, got to keep the piece and they refunded her money so I got screwed and refuse to pay them back). If there is any other way to set up something other than paypal on here, I'd put something up.

That is straight messed UP. You shouldn't have to eat it.

I don't know this area well enough to know what the old Sam's town is or was. :shy:

Yeah, paypal sucks, they won't protect you, the sister even admitted what happened and explained to paypal and they didn't care. If you go into cameron park, take the offramp (going towards sac) and then turn left and under the freeway. Straight to the light where the gas station is, turn right and go straight (past safeway on your left) then you will see the little shopping place there on the left (with the little train and the tracks, looks all old fashioned). In the back part of the buildings there is a bar, next to it is the skate/glass shop (shortys B and G). It's in there. Talk to one of the guys, I don't know the new girl so she might not be able to help you out. If it is priced too high, let me know, I'll work something out, your close.

Last edited:
Help an old lady out here honey....what material did you use to make that pipe?
They look great.

it's just solid, pure borosilicate glass. The colors come in rods of glass about 6 to 9 mm dia. and around 12 inches long for most rods (some are short). This particular color is called mystery adventurine and is one of my favorites. It's much more expensive to make them the way I do, I coil pot solid color rod (like clay) to make the different sections rather than encasing clear tubing with a little color, which never looks as clean and bright as solid work. The color costs a lot more than clear ($35-60lb. clear is closer to $2) so it adds up in costs quickly but is like the difference between gold plated jewelry and 24k gold, except more noticeable. This glass is the same as the clear glass as far as safety (as long as you are not smoking out of cheap Chinese glass which many blowes are using because of the price, I won't touch it, I only use the best German Schott) so there are no health concerns, it's very pure and clean crystal, well borosilicate which isn't quite as hard (dense) as crystal.

Forgot to mention, the oney is unobtanium separated by onyx with 2 shades of india green done into a double reversal and just pulled down into a oney. And the picture of the sherlock doesn't do the color justice, it is all very sparkly, loads of sheen.

Last edited:
AloHigh dutz, Again, thats a nice pipe. OK, I thought maybe you sculpted it from a piece of raw adventurine, which is a natural mineral/rock (for those who didn't know), with lapidary tools and diamond drill, but now I realize that you are a Glass Blowing Artist.
You could get a PO Box and accept international money orders. Maybe sell smaller pieces until you establish a solid rep so that folks don't worry about loosing a big pile if the deal goes sour. You also have to be an approved vendor.
peace, pots

Bumpity-bump for duzt--please tell me that sherlock is still at the shop. :) We're gonna be out in Folsom on Saturday and I'd like to take a swing by that shop.

Hi seamaiden, It was there last week, they don't do as many heady (high-end glass) sales so it should be there. Let me know for sure if you are going down and I'll call the manager or owner and let them know and they should hook you up a good deal (I haven't dealt with them for long, but they seem like very good people). It's a decent sized dry piece (about as tall as the beer bottle I'm holding atm) and my preferred smoking style.

I didn't get the impression that it's that big from your picture. If they have any other of your work I'd love to check that out, too. We have our day planned, CP is in the loop.

It's bigger than it looks, but isn't big, just right for my purposes, I think you will like how it feels (but maybe not the price). I'll post up some pics tonight of this weeks work and if you see something you have to have, I'll bring it down to the shop tonight and you can pick it up there this weekend.

The headshop is next door to the bar, Slingsluts!! Erm...Slingshots, haha.
I havent been in that shop since they first opened and didnt have any bongs! Lol

Thats some sweet glass Dutz! :takin_picture:

Just got home a little while ago. I ended up buying more than one piece.

Duzt, don't take this the wrong way, but...

the photos don't EVEN do this thing justice! It is gorgeous. I'll try to take pix in the morning that can show better the colors that I see.

Oohhhhhh, you scared me there for a second, I though it was something like, "don't take this the wrong way, but"....I hate this thing, you should quit blowing. Well, that was a much happier ending!!! So did you see what I was saying about that shape, I love the feel and way the air flows. That's always been my favorite shape and size to smoke out of, I couldn't be happier that you will get to use it. I make so much glass but I don't get many chances to see people enjoy the work. I'd love to see some more pics, you'll see it's hard to capture that sparkle, I can never quite get the pics to look like the real thing. Happy Holidays!!

Back