Mychorrhizae

crew

Someone has to be using mycho in dwc. Do you one time it or add every time you add or adjust nutes? Im guessing 1 time and let the buggers grow.
peace, crew

only have used the stuff transplanting clones to soil..tried a side by side..10 clones with and 10 without..there was no difference in growth but that's just my story..otherwise it's suppose to be very beneficial..

:puffpuffpass:

HOW DOES THE SYMBIOSIS TAKE PLACE?

how-does01.png

First, select the right growth enhancer and quality for your plant.

usemyke_myco_01.jpg

Next, apply the product close to the roots during the transplantation.

usemyke_myco_02.jpg

Mycorrhizal fungi initially germinate in the soil and make their way to the nearest roots.

usemyke_myco_03.jpg

The roots are then colonized by the fungi and mycorrhizae is established.

usemyke_myco_04.jpg

Finally, mycorrhizae develop the root system through a more efficient uptake of water and nutrients by the plant.
more and a video

http://www.usemyke.com/mycorise/mycorrhizae/mycorrhizae.html

Thanks for the input. I added it to my teas as well as a dwc experiment. A tomato, in the wide outdoors. I dont know exactly what it was, but it was very happy in its 10 gal tote. one of the best ever grown here. Im not experienced, but neither am I a virgin any longer.
The biggest change to root systems in DWC comes about if you use Azos

If you're in veg you'll notice the difference overnight
Thanks Doc, it reads very interesting.

I have used them in an E&F system with perlite as a medium, but I use GH nutes, so the nutes kill the mycorrhizae in a week or so. With an organic nute, they would work better. I did see benefits from the mycorrhizae while they survived. I'm not sure they would make a difference in a DWC system.

I just picked up some Bio Precise by Age old Organics that has some Myco and I have heard that it works well with Hydro. I do not know if Mych will thrive in H2O as others have mentioned but I am going to give this a try soon. I don't know if it is in every store yet asd it is somewhat new but check it out.

I dont think myco has a benefit in dwc, or even hydro. High P isnt good for myco in soil and I cant imagine hydro being any better. They also so there is little benefit to a soil system unless you recycle the medium due to the turn around. Any benefit you see from my understanding is likely due to the bennies that are usually added to the products as well.

I also just talked to a nute company about using their line in dwc. They have an option that is synthetic and organic but suggested not using it in a pure hydro setup because it'll gunk up the system. They suggested running pure synthetic. Also, micro organims will use up DO in the water if there is organic mass to feed off.

This is just what Ive been told and have read. Not saying it is right. Just been told to skip the myco products in dwc because it serves no purpose or benefit. Im sure someone will correct me.

Check this out. I have an extra bottle if you would like to try it. Pretty new release not sure if it is in stores everywhere yet. Says soil but my buddy at the shop says it can be used in hydro. If interested might want to consult the manufacture.

AIO BioPrecise is built on a foundation of specific species of beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae that work to make nutrients more available to the plants, while also helping to improve the physical structure of the soil. Unlike many other biological products, AIO BioPrecise is highly concentrated and designed to be used at low use rates. This product is compatible as a companion to both AIO Bloom and AIO Grow.

Attachments

• MYCHO.jpg
    MYCHO.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2
i use Mykos from xtreme gardening for my containers. it's not to expensive, around $30 for 2.2lb
and +Life from hydroponic research in the rez.

Back