My Island Breeze

BreezeEazy

Setting up a new spot. My veg room is largely done. I have a clone area up over my veg spot. All my units are on wooden frames with secondary containment for water leaks using a pond liner. Just going to roll my plants around. I also have a can for water changes that is on a dolly to push around. No more heavy lifting. This is my first time using Hydroponic Research nutes. I want to go to more raw synthetic powder. Running 550 ppm @ 5.8ph. Light is some where 60-100w probably. So I'll just kind of share as I go I guess. Haven't done hydro in years. I miss it. I have a good feeling about this. Dumped a lot of resources and energy into this project. Here is what I'm working with!!

20210103_215509.jpg20210103_215401.jpg20210103_215425.jpg

Thanks! I have no idea what to expect from this grow so we all can ride the curiosity train together. Just finished the veg room with the exception of a making a standing stool later and hanging a fan. Hope a 9w LED bulb will be sufficient for cloning. As long as it works, I'll be happy with the energy savings and complete control of the swivel light. Goal is to take some cuts this weekend and see how the cloner does. Have lots more work to do in the flower room so must get back to work!

Side note, not sure why the pictures are rotating on their own :scratch:

Attachments

• 20210108_065342.jpg
    20210108_065342.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 6
Quick update. Full speed ahead on wrapping up the flowering room. Got my 'jumbotron' up. Only calling it that because everything mounts to that and that is bolted up with 4" screws allowing me to freely move everything around. Also hope to be able to do side by sides or something, but mainly just one will be in use for the time being. I'm also upgrading some things because I'm tired of wiring up a grow. Everything is going plug and play with quality components. First thing was a 240v manifold for the flower room. Next will be the 120v circuit for the water pumps.

Topped the plants for clones, hopefully, and they blew up in growth. May take several more when the new cloner shows up, and thanks to a buddy I have a few more cuts that are in need of rotation. May have bit off more than I can chew at the moment. These LEDs seem to be kicking so much butt, I could see a full change over coming.

Attachments

• 20210116_214459.jpg
    20210116_214459.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210116_214512.jpg
    20210116_214512.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210116_214547.jpg
    20210116_214547.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210116_214557.jpg
    20210116_214557.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 5
Love your set up. Pulg and play is nice these days. My phone does the same thing. Hold the phone with button on right. Looks like you did in the 3 rd pic. Thanks for sharing your grow. Aloha

Breeze, if you are buying new lights I would definitely advise you to go with LED. If you already own HID lights, you may balk at the cost of replacing them with LEDs, because they ain't cheap, but if you're starting from scratch, LEDs are a no-brainer.

Love your set up. Pulg and play is nice these days. My phone does the same thing. Hold the phone with button on right. Looks like you did in the 3 rd pic. Thanks for sharing your grow. Aloha

Will try that, thanks. Yes, the plug-n-grow seems pretty nice so far. More flexibility and spend an hour building it, to never have to do it again lol.

Breeze, if you are buying new lights I would definitely advise you to go with LED. If you already own HID lights, you may balk at the cost of replacing them with LEDs, because they ain't cheap, but if you're starting from scratch, LEDs are a no-brainer.

I have the gavitas and just got replacement bulbs and reflectors but I have to run them at 600 because of ceiling height. I think all things considered, for me, a switch is coming and the sticker price doesn't bother me. I really love that HLG veg light I have. I'm eyeballing a few bigger units. Just want to establish a new base line in this new setup so I have something to compare to when I dip my toe in the waters with something bigger.

Should have lots to share at the end of this weekend. Some goodies came in, ect...

Burning the midnight oil tonight myself. It's looking like a mad scientist's lab BE. BE? AHHHHHHHHH! Reminds me of something I had to do every morning. We'll see if 2broke2smoke chimes in on that insider joke! Lol
Anyway....... It's looking good. I'm looking forward to see how your new show does. Best of Luck BE!

Really miss having the walk in closet grow.... looks like your doing things right my friend. going to be a nice project to see you do so pulling up a bean bag, popcorn etc....

puff puff pass it to the $#% on the left....

Ah, well it may look right but there will certainly be some stumbles. Since I have nothing good to share, a stumble shall suffice.

Full disclaimer before the story.... I haven't done hydro in probably 8+ years, I've never been able to clone with an aerocloner.

Well they didn't die, but they didn't root. Little wilting at first but bounced back. I also prematurely received some other cuts. At this point I'm poorly planned and trying to make it work as I rush to get everything set up. I ordered a ez cloner on a sweet deal to help the situation but that took a week to ship. Rest of the story is just some fumblerooski nonsense. Lost the GG#4 cuts except the 3 best rebounding ones, and probably everything else.

Now my plants have overgrowth so I have cuts galore basically so I just start going to town. Big, small, clipped, not clipped just to see what happens. Some wilted, some didn't. Those will probably fail too.

BUT THIS IS OKAY!! I stumbled onto this cloning article from permaclone (not knowing they had a product to sell) where they went into depth about aerocloning. I feel confident after a good scrub and nuking of both my systems and proper maintenance far as keeping it sterilize, that my luck will change. I admit I also got some of their collars after reading the blogs. It makes me feel warm and cozy that I can sterilize my collars and everything else, and hopefully will never have an issue again. Pipe dreams? lol

Attachments

• 20210125_202916.jpg
    20210125_202916.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210125_202856.jpg
    20210125_202856.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 5
Always gonna be stumbles and bumps along the way, but so far things look nice and done right... I had a buddy who used to say, a grow room isn't complete until it has P.V.C. in it..

good luck with the clones... I've always kept it simple.. RR plugs, Dip n Grow, Rotissorie chicken container, bathroom window.... hehe.

yup, we be high tech, here, too, Carty.

Lookin good breezy. Hydro would be way too complicated for mouses.

I've done 100% organic grows in the past. It was very good. Except the yields were quite lousy. Then my friends mom died from some sort of bat guano fungi, so I said "Fuck That!" I thought hydro would be difficult, but it's not much different than taking care of a pool. Yields, and quality abound. It's much easier than you may think. I'll never go back.

Well, if this next go at cloning works, I would say this is rather simple. Time will tell! I do like these new collars. Feel heavy and dense in the hand, incredibly fast and easy to open the collar. I like the idea of repeat use and being able to sterilize.

Alabaster is right. It is pretty simple. Like steering a cruise liner. No heavy lifting here. Everything is on wheels and pumps do all the work when moving water. I have it pretty good I feel like.

20210131_000640.jpg20210131_000700.jpg

Ooof! Still failing but marching forward. Got a few issues to address. Had to fix some things and saw some improvements. Still not seeing any bumbs and gradual wilting. Read to pH after bumps show, maybe it is time to pH first. Also turns out I have some pretty hard water here. Going to make water treatment a real pain. Also replaced my fluorescent t5s. I really like these things.

Attachments

• 20210204_185102.jpg
    20210204_185102.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210208_212202.jpg
    20210208_212202.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 4
Temps are as important as ph when cloning in an ez-cloner. 70-72° ambient temp, and 75-85° water temperature. Phed to 6.2. With the addition of H2O2 every 3-4 days.
Are those leds able to be added to a linear light mover.

Breeze, what are the temps in your clone area?

74ish ambient, 74 in the water.

Temps are as important as ph when cloning in an ez-cloner. 70-72° ambient temp, and 75-85° water temperature. Phed to 6.2. With the addition of H2O2 every 3-4 days.
Are those leds able to be added to a linear light mover.

Yes the LED can be mounted to things. Super thin. Mount the driver on the top of it or some where else. Only thing it doesn't have is the ability to dim which is kind of silly.

New cuts taken. pH check. If it fails again, might try RO water.

Back