my buddy lear made this for me.

faded

Account Suspended
hiya faded!

damn nice payback ya got there! are those real opals or dichroic glass? i would have thought that a gemstone high in water, like opal, wouldn't be usable in the high heat of the glass. i have a bit of opal roughs if you want to try it out. a lot is still in matrix but there's plenty of gem to get to. it's been fun to see your progression.

flame on!
A

hiya faded!

damn nice payback ya got there! are those real opals or dichroic glass? i would have thought that a gemstone high in water, like opal, wouldn't be usable in the high heat of the glass. i have a bit of opal roughs if you want to try it out. a lot is still in matrix but there's plenty of gem to get to. it's been fun to see your progression.

flame on!
A

i'm not sure what they are really made of, ... http://www.dichroicimagery.com/index.php?cPath=471_472

i have never tried working with any type of opal yet. i would like to, i just haven't gotten any opals.

Only Gibson's will work. Anything besides synthetic opals will burn up.

These things below work good in soft glass if you ever get a chance to use it.
Cubic zircons look great in soft glass. So does cigarette ash.

Good looking piece Faded. Glad to see you are still working the glass.

Fantastic piece. Always good when a good deed is able to be repaid. Enjoy and may good Karma continue your way.

sweet little rig. i really dig Lear's work.. his galaxy stuff is sick.

oh..

and Harbor Freight vac pumps FTW! :up:

they say you can't get addicted to pot. i think when it comes to oil and a rig like this, it's a whole different story. :bom:

funny thread. i made lear a similar item one time, albiet much simpler, and he never repaid me. was going to make me a marble i asked for, and it never happened.

Only Gibson's will work. Anything besides synthetic opals will burn up.

These things below work good in soft glass if you ever get a chance to use it.
Cubic zircons look great in soft glass. So does cigarette ash.

Good looking piece Faded. Glad to see you are still working the glass.

not true, there are ones made by Kyocera as well. supposed to be prettier actually.

funny thread. i made lear a similar item one time, albiet much simpler, and he never repaid me. was going to make me a marble i asked for, and it never happened.

i make marbles. *hint*

i don't use domes anymore though. they are "against my terms of release". :spanked:

i dropped the curve one day back in Dec and gave it to lear to fix for me. the down stem broke. he has yet to return it so at this point all i have a really cool mini teapot.

Back