More info about Hop Latent Viroid (dudding)

sticky is as sticky does
https://mjbizdaily.com/how-cannabis-growers-can-fight-harmful-pathogen-hop-latent-viroid/

This article doesn't bring a huge amount of new info to the table, but it does mention that sanitation is important, and also that alcohol is not an effective agent against HLV; a 10% bleach solution is recommended for sanitizing during propagation. Another interesting tidbit that the author doesn't elaborate on: apparently the viroid can be transmitted by seedstock!

I still believe, based on my experience of holding multiple varieties for more than a decade...dudding can be cured by putting plants outside to refresh in the natural (and much stronger) sunlight. I’ve seen very tired (dudding?) clones, snap right back to attention after years of indoor only growing. Put dudded moms out in the spring and take fresh clones end of summer (while still in veg). I’ve done this every few years with UK Cheese, Kali Mist, and CBX, and they always seem to get their vigorous traits back. Again, just my personal experience! :dunno:

https://mjbizdaily.com/how-cannabis-growers-can-fight-harmful-pathogen-hop-latent-viroid/

This article doesn't bring a huge amount of new info to the table, but it does mention that sanitation is important, and also that alcohol is not an effective agent against HLV; a 10% bleach solution is recommended for sanitizing during propagation. Another interesting tidbit that the author doesn't elaborate on: apparently the viroid can be transmitted by seedstock!
]”the viroid can be transmitted by seedstock“
If this is true then I have probally never had HLV, but I have had dudding and lots of it. But o seeded a fully dudded IBg and sk1 and both are producing vigourous seeds! What I had I always felt was a disease in the roots and stems rather then a virus.

I still believe, based on my experience of holding multiple varieties for more than a decade...dudding can be cured by putting plants outside to refresh in the natural (and much stronger) sunlight. I’ve seen very tired (dudding?) clones, snap right back to attention after years of indoor only growing. Put dudded moms out in the spring and take fresh clones end of summer (while still in veg). I’ve done this every few years with UK Cheese, Kali Mist, and CBX, and they always seem to get their vigorous traits back. Again, just my personal experience! :dunno:

Very interesting input, as most every year any proven cuts I have at present go outdoors, and I take cuts from them before flower. Personally I haven’t experienced duds, last year sometime I received a dudded chem4, I was thinking it wasn’t the real cut, but grower told me he though it was a dud. Did take cuts from it outdoors last season, those plants are at a friends grow, so ima need to go check um out and see how there doing.

Thanks Dman.

Very interesting input, as most every year any proven cuts I have at present go outdoors, and I take cuts from them before flower. Personally I haven’t experienced duds, last year sometime I received a dudded chem4, I was thinking it wasn’t the real cut, but grower told me he though it was a dud. Did take cuts from it outdoors last season, those plants are at a friends grow, so ima need to go check um out and see how there doing.

Thanks Dman.
That was me lol. Ya when you said you were having full branches without thc while the other parts were good that’s what was happening to me with c4 and IBg when I got it back from psychoactive. I got them back to health for a while but could never pack on the size buds I use to before I lost her and got her back. And it came back from the person I sent it to so I’m pretty sure it was the same cut as it also had the same leaf structure. The IBg I had running good for years before I lost it last fall.i pollinated the last dudded clone butbit took the pollen and the seeds are very nice.
I’ve gmheard the outdoor tech has worked for others I’ve just never had the chance to try it living in the suburbs and wanting to stay stealth.
I wish I had picks of how that girl use to grow for me because I use to get such nice colas on her.

That was me lol. Ya when you said you were having full branches without thc while the other parts were good that’s what was happening to me with c4 and IBg when I got it back from psychoactive. I got them back to health for a while but could never pack on the size buds I use to before I lost her and got her back. And it came back from the person I sent it to so I’m pretty sure it was the same cut as it also had the same leaf structure. The IBg I had running good for years before I lost it last fall.i pollinated the last dudded clone butbit took the pollen and the seeds are very nice.
I’ve gmheard the outdoor tech has worked for others I’ve just never had the chance to try it living in the suburbs and wanting to stay stealth.
I wish I had picks of how that girl use to grow for me because I use to get such nice colas on her.

Yep, it was from you, heh. But I don’t shame no one it’s all good. I’ll go see if he still has um around and see how there doing, might of gotten lucky and they came back around. The buddy is a beginner grower with 60s knowledge, and not up on indoor growing, so gonna be hit and miss I’m sure.

I’m still token some jarred up buds, and dudded or not, pretty good toke

Yep, it was from you, heh. But I don’t shame no one it’s all good. I’ll go see if he still has um around and see how there doing, might of gotten lucky and they came back around. The buddy is a beginner grower with 60s knowledge, and not up on indoor growing, so gonna be hit and miss I’m sure.

I’m still token some jarred up buds, and dudded or not, pretty good toke
Certainly not dudded if it’s good smoke, when dudded there’s no flavor no thc blah

Back