May POTM

This "Slurricane" from Blimburn was my second grow, along with a "GDP" from them. I don't smell and taste as well as I did before I got covid, but it has a kind of spoiling berry smell and flavor.

Attachments

• 20240225_112808.jpg
    20240225_112808.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 20240225_114228.jpg
    20240225_114228.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 20240317_075850.jpg
    20240317_075850.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
I don't mean to sound or come across as negative or offended anybody but this plant right here is exhibiting moderate symptoms of HLVD 100% ..I have just spent the last year or so working with people who are in the hype cuttings game and have literally watched different varieties arrive ,kept in and same mum room,cloned and ran for production and over the course of 6 to 12 months go from bulbus running kolas (or however they normally express) i.e normal flowers and tops to a shadow of their former selves,popcorn nubby type tops, curling out or up leaves are 2 main signs,they end up looking exactly like the plant pictured above,no matter what clone,all with that same look,(if they are a susceptible that is) some Varieties are tolerant or more tolerable to the viroid.
I don't wanna shit everyone up but this viriod' is more prevalent than most people realise,it's most likely in anybody's garden who has traded clones on the j te
He said it was from Barney’s Farm, which would be from seed. Does viroid express from seed?!

He said it was from Barney’s Farm, which would be from seed. Does viroid express from seed?!
I’ve read anywhere from 3-80 % seeds can be infected from a dirty mother: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10819085/

I imagine load/strength of infection matters on how likely. There is also stuff supporting transfer via pollen tho less likely than if the mother is infected probably.

Ayahuasca purple from Barney’s farm, 1 week before chop(February 2024 harvest)View attachment 360679View attachment 360680View attachment 360681

Sorry I deleted my original post because my connection was poor and it only uploaded part of my typing and there were typos too,here's what I originally wanted to say sorry....

I don't mean to sound or come across as negative or offend anybody but this plant right here is exhibiting moderate symptoms of HLVD 100% ..I have just spent the last year or so working with people who are in the hype cuttings game and have literally watched different varieties arrive ,kept in same mum room,cloned and ran for production and over the course of 6 to 12 months go from bulbus running kolas (or however they normally express) i.e normal flowers and tops to a shadow of their former selves,popcorn nubby type tops, curling out or up leaves are 2 main signs,they end up looking exactly like the plant pictured above,no matter what clone,all with that same look,(if they are a susceptible that is) some Varieties are tolerant or more tolerable to the viroid.

I don't wanna shit everyone up but this viriod' is more prevalent than most people realise,it's everywhere and it's a sneaky fucker, notice how one of the tops is trying to become a normal shaped Kola to the left hand side of the picture? Not kone shaped and nubby like the rest,well thats because that particular part of the plant has less viral load than the rest,you can get lucky and get a clone from a branch of a mum that will test undetectable on an infected plant.I have learned to work around it by culling young rooted cuttings showing more symptoms of viral load in big populations and then most of the others pull thru and express ok but some are ranging from dwarf mutants to lanky pieces of shit with curly leaves and zero terps...the scary thing is the plant above is a seed plant,this shit van be passed on from infected seeded mums to the offspring too,that's why I say it's probably in everyone's garden by now,evenn if you have bought seeds online in last 10/15 years and not traded any Clones.

The hops industry has never been able to eradicate this they have just learned to work with somewhat tolerant varieties and this is what we must do, because unless your have your own TC facility and test all the time,even if you pay 000's of dollars for a scrubbed clone then chances are as a homegrower or hobbiest you will reinfect it in no time.

The cheese for instance which i uploaded a pic of is a tolerant invidiual,the people I got her from had held her 20+years,she
shines and expresses perfectly where I am at surrounded by all these modern cuts all looking like aids patients but would still pass on the virus like a spreader,I'm telling you folks if you want resistance then don't look towards any this sherb/cookie type bullshit, weak gene's and stop breeding with it.... sorry for the rant but it's worse than everyone realises and we need to wise up as a community....

Cheers. bimble

Last edited:
Sorry DMAN I reposted my post as the first one was messed up from an unstable connection on tor..please read the one above. mate^^^^....Yes gcomputer is right it ,the hops industry says on AV at least 7% infection rate, possibly more in cannabis

Last edited:
I’ve read anywhere from 3-80 % seeds can be infected from a dirty mother: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10819085/

I imagine load/strength of infection matters on how likely. There is also stuff supporting transfer via pollen tho less likely than if the mother is infected probably.
Indeed mate, totally down to viral load,a numbers game...a big problem is a well is that bugs spread the viriod from plant to plant too even if you are clean with your cutting tools and run off trays ect...it's a fucker

Sorry I deleted my original post because my connection was poor and it only uploaded part of my typing and there were typos too,here's what I originally wanted to say sorry....

I don't mean to sound or come across as negative or offend anybody but this plant right here is exhibiting moderate symptoms of HLVD 100% ..I have just spent the last year or so working with people who are in the hype cuttings game and have literally watched different varieties arrive ,kept in same mum room,cloned and ran for production and over the course of 6 to 12 months go from bulbus running kolas (or however they normally express) i.e normal flowers and tops to a shadow of their former selves,popcorn nubby type tops, curling out or up leaves are 2 main signs,they end up looking exactly like the plant pictured above,no matter what clone,all with that same look,(if they are a susceptible that is) some Varieties are tolerant or more tolerable to the viroid.

I don't wanna shit everyone up but this viriod' is more prevalent than most people realise,it's everywhere and it's a sneaky fucker, notice how one of the tops is trying to become a normal shaped Kola to the left hand side of the picture? Not kone shaped and nubby like the rest,well thats because that particular part of the plant has less viral load than the rest,you can get lucky and get a clone from a branch of a mum that will test undetectable on an infected plant.I have learned to work around it by culling young rooted cuttings showing more symptoms of viral load in big populations and then most of the others pull thru and express ok but some are ranging from dwarf mutants to lanky pieces of shit with curly leaves and zero terps...the scary thing is the plant above is a seed plant,this shit van be passed on from infected seeded mums to the offspring too,that's why I say it's probably in everyone's garden by now,evenn if you have bought seeds online in last 10/15 years and not traded any Clones.

The hops industry has never been able to eradicate this they have just learned to work with somewhat tolerant varieties and this is what we must do, because unless your have your own TC facility and test all the time,even if you pay 000's of dollars for a scrubbed clone then chances are as a homegrower or hobbiest you will reinfect it in no time.

The cheese for instance which i uploaded a pic of is a tolerant invidiual,the people I got her from had held her 20+years,she
shines and expresses perfectly where I am at surrounded by all these modern cuts all looking like aids patients but would still pass on the virus like a spreader,I'm telling you folks if you want resistance then don't look towards any this sherb/cookie type bullshit, weak gene's and stop breeding with it.... sorry for the rant but it's worse than everyone realises and we need to wise up as a community....

Cheers. bimble
Hey bimble, yea both plants were grown from seed (from Barney’s Farm). If the one on the right is exhibiting signs of hlvd that would be highly disappointing cuz i still a few more packs from Barney’s . Ive been growing for 3.5 yrs and still learning. My last 2 grows I switched to “living organic soil” and after reading some of the posts that suggest it could be spread through pest is now even more alarming since pests are just part of organic soil(Fungus gnats primarily). I really hope I don’t have to scrap my soil and start over again. Thnx for heads up and the info, now I know I have to look out for this in my garden moving forward.

I think this is an important topic, but further discussion should get its own thread in the appropriate forum (Pests and Plant Health). This thread is for pretty flowers.
Indeed bro sorry,I tend to go off on a tangent sometimes ..I think I'll start a thread,copy and paste my initial post about it and carry on the discussion there ...it's very important we start bringing more awareness to the community

Hey bimble, yea both plants were grown from seed (from Barney’s Farm). If the one on the right is exhibiting signs of hlvd that would be highly disappointing cuz i still a few more packs from Barney’s . Ive been growing for 3.5 yrs and still learning. My last 2 grows I switched to “living organic soil” and after reading some of the posts that suggest it could be spread through pest is now even more alarming since pests are just part of organic soil(Fungus gnats primarily). I really hope I don’t have to scrap my soil and start over again. Thnx for heads up and the info, now I know I have to look out for this in my garden moving
Hey donkey_populous,it really does look like both plants are showing symptoms tbh,wether or not one infected the other or the viriod carried over from the mum to both seedlings who knows but if I'm totally honest I'd toss the remaining Barneys seeds regardless...
They are just renamed white label seeds made in massive greenhouses in Spain,I know of some of the people that make them and Barney's pay about 20- 30cents (talking in euros) a bean on a million..and while a lot of the Spanish breeders doing this ghost work are doing good work,the beans are never what the companies retailing them say they are.Plenty of great honest breeders out there and on here infact to support 😉

Here's my submission. Perhaps the only picture of an actual cannabis meristem that exists on instagram (to the best of my knowledge, and I've spent a lot of time looking). Note the spheroid shape as the meristematic dome, and the "flexing arms" being the leaf primordia. This is the structure that drives all growth in the plant, composed of undifferentiated cells which continuously lend themselves to the development of new, differentiate tissues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240309_145059_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240309_145059_Instagram.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 17
Here's my submission. Perhaps the only picture of an actual cannabis meristem that exists on instagram (to the best of my knowledge, and I've spent a lot of time looking). Note the spheroid shape as the meristematic dome, and the "flexing arms" being the leaf primordia. This is the structure that drives all growth in the plant, composed of undifferentiated cells which continuously lend themselves to the development of new, differentiate tissues.
Very cool!

Back