Lp grow room

organic alchemist

researcher
So went and finalized my position with new lp and checked progress.

They have a consultant who is designing everything. They have the lights about 13' in the air with no ability to lower. Apparantly a lighting engineer has worked on this. I dont see a room being very productive if you cant get the frigging light to plants. Im going to be talking with designer to hear their logic on this. Im proposing a pulley system where rack of 8 lights can be lowered by aircraft cable. Not sure whats available in this realm.

Going to be a lot of these hiccups moving forward as im sure.

The consultant company quoted the lp startup with a price of 15000 $ for 3 seeds ! I bet theyre something lol

Onwards and upwards

Peace
d0e2553621a0172a651f6c8945c0f254.jpg

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

thanks for the update....dependingon what/ how its grown.
i could do well with that stationary configuration..

thanks for the update....dependingon what/ how its grown.
i could do well with that stationary configuration..
Wouldnt you lose a lot of growth rate with the lights so far away ? I think the intensity drops off about 25% / ft.

Say you have 36" bench and then pots , you place rooted clones into media at abput 48" height while lights are 13' you got a lot of wasted light and space , doesnt seem economical to waste so much intensity.

If the lights are movable to a couple feet from canopy , you will get faster growth and tighter nodes.

I could see this working for a very stretchy sat maybe but still take that same plant and grow with more intensity and it would yield more. Also then this room would only suit that ( type) of strain and we want versatlity. We will probably grow some indica too.

Thanks for checking it out and your comments guys. Ive got lots to learn and will be working hard on this in the new year...

Peas

1.don't make things you have to move..have you seen tweeds?
2.plants will be on a table..gg4 stretches like fk...they spray the plants a LOT[pm]..[bulb..they have kiddies working fo them..sorry i should not be rationalizing for them.
3. thats a fk of lot of lights..
4.the lights could be closer ..BUT with the table theywill be closer than you said..maybe the ceiling are 13 ft..but the lights aren't
5/yeh its a bit nuts..its like the "blueberry yum yum "video..hopefully without the mites..
6. when yer an LP who needs lots of photons on yer plants?[rhetorical]
7. say toomuch and yer history..oops i forgot you are a QA guy?..in which case you are the hardest to find around..your job is solid..

Last edited:
Con~sultant, do what they want then charge to get the customer what they asked for
The guys i work for arent impressed and theyve paid these guys a lot. Only one room has the lighting in yet so time to change the rest.

The room pictured is around 30x 60 and has 96kw hps. I think that is good intesity at 53w / square ft . esp with the overlap from light to light. The temp, humidity, co2 and watering will all be run from a priva controller.

Thinking everything should be started from seed to limit contamination as we have a nice clean facility to start with. Would be a shame to start out with a clone or mother plant with some systemic fungus waiting to spore out.

I really want to use bouclou kush but to do so will have to make some seeds and then select from a batch...
Ive got some jordan island chemo males which may surface soon so i will probably just make a batch with that to start and hope it contains something good.

I just hate the idea of introducing future problems through clones and moms.

Peace

1.don't make things you have to move..have you seen tweeds?
2.plants will be on a table..gg4 stretches like fk...they spray the plants a LOT[pm]..[bulb..they have kiddies working fo them..sorry i should not be rationalizing for them.
3. thats a fk of lot of lights..
4.the lights could be closer ..BUT with the table theywill be closer than you said..maybe the ceiling are 13 ft..but the lights aren't
5/yeh its a bit nuts..its like the "blueberry yum yum "video..hopefully without the mites..
6. when yer an LP who needs lots of photons on yer plants?[rhetorical]
7. say toomuch and yer history..oops i forgot you are a QA guy?..in which case you are the hardest to find around..your job is solid..
I havent seen tweeds but will do some research. I think if the light bar hanging from the ceiling could be raised and lowered , it may cost more now but would increase efficency.

The lights are at 13' , i think the ceiling may be around 16-18'. Im waiting to speak with consultant and lighting engineer.

Peace

That sounds like a plan

If one room has the lights in its worth doing a test with a PAR meter to see what height the 53w actually is and what it measures at 8ft up
Exactly, need to look into it more but most seem to have these fixed lights. I think the veg time would be slower with less intesity but maybe thats a trade off that is accepted for the ease of stationary lights.

I just hate the idea of little clones in a big room 9' from the light , then you would also have to know the stretch and bloom time to optimize the finish height under the fixed light. No versatility.

What are standard g/ w yields in these rooms, will find out ;)

"The lights are at 13' , i think the ceiling may be around 16-18'. Im waiting to speak with consultant and lighting engineer.
"
i stand corrected..

"The lights are at 13' , i think the ceiling may be around 16-18'. Im waiting to speak with consultant and lighting engineer.
"
i stand corrected..
I think it would work overall but would require some strain optimization and a sacrifice of growth / yield .

My bonuses are based on yield and were hoping for top quality. .

Seems like a waste of power to have lights so far away

hiccups aside, that is one clean space. :thumbsup: Hope to see more updates OA

and if you can get all the other rooms on light movers, this might make a good mom room (even though you've probably already got that space figured out)

I think it would work overall but would require some strain optimization and a sacrifice of growth / yield .

My bonuses are based on yield and were hoping for top quality. .

Seems like a waste of power to have lights so far away

..........don't knock it if you haven tried it..once

I appreciate any input!!

Thanks everyone for checking it out. Will be talking with them early next week to see what the plan is. Im not opposed to trying the fixed lighting but do think it could be better. Will see what happens, movable lights and tables do exisit but may be out of their budget for now.

Most commercial spots are within that range here in Colorado. Add 2-3 ft of tray stands and all the cross lighting you will be sitting perfect.

I think the art of growing in these systems is to know your strain and time things to the point where the canopy finishes in the golden zone of 2-3' from lighting source.

Construction is going slow and im going to be onsite tuesday to check on things. Looked more into it and there are some great engineering options available for safely raising and lowering lighting but its ultra expensive and maybe the gains are not enough to justify it. Time will tell.

Our start up date is being pushed back to may , im not sure what the hold ups are.

Been looking into plant sap analysis and getting ready to test some diff fert companies in a head t0 head trial while i wait on the big show to start.

It will take awhile to get the clones i need to run trial , im vegging some bouclou kush and a bunch of jordan of the islands chemo. I ended up with 6 females of the chemo and theyre vegging out now.

Will get a bunch of identical clones and then go head to head with some fert lines to see how they affect flavor.

Im talking with plant prod about their line and have a couple others in mind.

Peas

"I think the art[hack hack] of growing in these systems is.."

ease of use //laziness/lack of foresight

"Our start up date is being pushed back to may , im not sure what the hold ups are. "

welcome to HC[do not laugh]

re ferts..so much has todo with "what one does with it"..its ALL n_p_k

used plant prod foryears..it works..its for cannabis.."oh yeh they changed numbers a bit.".

and ALL the best to you bro<-------------

Last edited:
There are 4x smaller rooms 900' , 30 kw, 30w/ ft . having smaller rooms like this certainly opens up a lot of options. Could possibly add a bit of wattage to these rooms in the future if needed.

Once the build is complete and physical security systems are all installed, HC will rush inspection for grow permit. After inspection there will be a list of things to fix. I think the build / security should be done by early march.

A lot of tinkering with genetics and ferts can be done at home while I wait. I have some chemo plants to try and im sprouting some blue berry hybrids from 10 yrs ago.

So far sticking to the plan that all genetics at the plant will be started from seeds. Lots of planning to do yet and im sure there will be more delays. I think HC is still writing some rules.

Peas

Back