Long shot old school strain

I know this may sound crazy, but I'm looking for a old strain that went around in 94 95 in Ohio and came from Montana so i was told . Had big sphere shaped buds kinda airy. Bright lime green, very piney, smelling and tasting. We just all referred to it as kind Bud. If someone in the room had some, there was no hiding it.
Skunky and piney like pinesole always prayed I'd find a bag seed but no luck if someone knows a strain like this please share

Man that sounds great! Probably
Going to be hard to find that one though! “We just called it kind bud”… remember those days? If and when you found the goods, you took it down in as large a quantity as you could front, you tried conserving it as best you can (who could?) and you celebrated how lucky you were that you had any?!

94 is when I started growing my own… and I distinctly recall reading “the Bible” from Mel Frank and Ed rosenthal - somewhere in the middle Mel alludes to the simple strategy i was following - “potheads always tend to save seeds from good pot, especially if it’s lightly seeded because often those are female seeds…”

Long way around to say - I still have a small collection of beans , not stored well, likely none will sprout, from kind bud found in mid 90’s. I even have one in there that came from “good Indiana pot!” I’m thinking I have a female seed of Indiana bubblegum! Lol.

Good luck w the search!
Fh

Was this something you got on a regular basis for a while like someone was cropping it or was it a one time thing? Did other people in your area know of this specific strain?

There can't be too many Montana cropper strains back from 94. That's definitely early kind bud days. From your description...lime green, skunky, and spears.... it might just have been an old seedbank NL cross. Or maybe a Montana variety who knows? Find a Montana old timer if you can.

My quick Google search came up with a thread on THC Farmer about Montana strains, a couple on the 1st page were Gallatin Green and Bozeman Kush . Ring any bells?

Last edited:
You'd want to have a great deal of confidence in the person who was handing the seeds to you and truly believe in the validity of the genetics to commit to a project like that... at this point, its becoming somewhat similar to winning the lottery with so many people being so disingenuous all the time. Even some of the more common names in cannabis were less than honest regarding lineage, quality, etc.

There was a time when I was hoping to find an old school sativa for a preservation run... but now, I think I'll stick with what I have instead of chasing something that is almost sure to be a disappointment and a time suck.

That goes both ways too though, how many people who truly hold something deserving of a preservation ru,n can and would trust someone unless they knew them in person and have full faith that what they got in return would be from the same sack that they handed out.

Was this something you got on a regular basis for a while like someone was cropping it or was it a one time thing? Did other people in your area know of this specific strain?

There can't be too many Montana cropper strains back from 94. That's definitely early kind bud days. From your description...lime green, skunky, and spears.... it might just have been an old seedbank NL cross. Or maybe a Montana variety who knows? Find a Montana old timer if you can.

My quick Google search came up with a thread on THC Farmer about Montana strains, a couple on the 1st page were Gallatin Green and Bozeman Kush . Ring any bells?
A buddy of mine got a lot of at 1 time and when is was gone it was gone so just a few of us even got to smoke it when I asked him about it all he could tell me I'd he thought it came from Montana

Back