liposomol curcumin

Sark

Was happy to learn of liposomol vitamin C here and wondered if anyone has experience making their own curcumin and/or resveratrol. Thank you for any info you have. Appreciate it a lot. Nice to have a place to ask......
Happy Tuesday!

sarko

Well if you are feeling low resveratrol levels, have a glass of wine and call me in the morning...
j/k
curcumin appears to be difficult to synthesize and alike to cannabis chemistry, complex with many components
Are you thinking to extract it from Tumeric?
Would ultrasonics be involved like making liposomol vitamin C?

and as far as resveratrol, are you wanting to take a dose thats far in excess of the content of a glass of red wine?
Please could you fill in some background and your motivations and desired levels to have to possibly consume?

Hi Fish, good questions. My motivation is treating cancer and upgrading this body to its highest physical self. it's been a debilitating process to go through (the acanthamoeba in my eye) and my physical shape is pretty low. I don't drink because of gut issues (thank you, chemo!)....and haven't even tried resveratrol. I've been making my own liposomol vitamin C since someone so thoughtfully posted about it here. On prednisone and will be for a while, which of course is making everything DIFFERENT. Sleep, demeanor, you know. trying to find the balance.....(I also have an awful case of thrush right now which has turned into burning mouth syndrome. makes it very hard to eat about anything but pudding type consistency. Am finally on the right stuff, says my dentist. a couple more weeks, maybe i'll be chewing again!
blahblahblah if you are still reading!! don't want this to sound like a pity party, don't get me wrong! I am GRATEFUL EVERY MINUTE TO BE THIS MUCH BETTER!!! it's all gonna be good.....

thanks again, Fish and anyone else caring to chime in. It's really about liposomol curcumin!

i take optimized curcumin daily, it was recommended by a world famous neurosurgeon who was my client for a while. he swears by this stuff for protection against amyloid plaque build-up in the brain - which is a flag for Alzheimers.

not sure making your own is worth the effort. then again, the stuff i use is about a dollar a day.

http://www.vrp.com/longvida-60-caps

What is Longvida?

Longvida is an optimized form of curcumin, the primary compound present in turmeric root extract. Curcumin is a well-studied, scientifically-tested compound that acts as an antioxidant and an inflammation-supporting agent; it also promotes cognitive health and longevity*. Curcumin’s benefits are wide-ranging and impact several areas of your overall health, but the biggest challenge that scientists have faced is how to make it bioavailable enough that sufficient amounts of curcumin are absorbed and used by your body.

Longvida is the answer to that question*. Discovered by fortuitous accident by scientists trying to increase turmeric bioavailability, Longvida utilizes a patent-pending approach that’s designed to preserve the integrity of turmeric extract in the harsh environment of the stomach, promoting rapid absorption into the bloodstream and optimal delivery to target tissues*. After years of development, Longvida’s formula stands as the solution to the bioavailability issue with curcumin, and its unique process is now known as SLCP™ Technology.

Longvida vs. Traditional Curcumin*

There are three basic ways in which Longvida’s optimized turmeric extract differs from traditional curcumin supplements:

• Longvida is 65 times more bioavailable than unformulated curcumin.
  • Longvida produces free (not deactivated or metabolized) curcumin at therapeutic levels in the body.
  • Curcumin from Longvida will pass the blood-brain barrier, unlike regular curcumin.
Generic curcumin shows great promise when tested in vitro and on animals, but it only produces insignificant positive trends in human trials. This is due to the problem of proper absorption, which requires three components: solubility, permeability, and stability. In other words, your body must be able to process curcumin and get it to the tissues that can benefit from it without curcumin breaking down and becoming ineffective. Because of regular curcumin’s poor absorption, a human would need to consume very large amounts in order to actually absorb enough to have a measurable effect, and ingesting that much turmeric extract can often cause digestive issues.

Longvida, however, is created with SLCP™ Technology, which enables a relatively small dose of curcumin to enter the body and retain its bioavailability and efficacy. Longvida is a safe, natural composition that promotes absorption and does not require high amounts of curcumin to be consumed, thus lowering the likelihood of digestive distress*.

Longvida Benefits

Longvida’s optimized turmeric extract supports cognitive and overall health and provides antioxidant and inflammation-supporting benefits*. Over 3100 publications have been completed on the beneficial effects of curcumin. Clinical trials have shown that one small daily dose of Longvida produced significant health benefits in only 30 days. An overview published in Advanced Experimental Medical Biology stated that curcumin had exhibited important antioxidant, inflammation-supporting, and immune-enhancing properties.

Let’s take a look at some of curcumin’s documented benefits:

• As an antioxidant that passes the blood-brain barrier, curcumin can promote and support brain health by fighting free radicals, which can cause oxidative stress for cells. This antioxidant protection has wide-ranging effects, from helping sustain memory function to promoting optimal cognitive function*.
  • Curcumin induces bile flow, which helps break down fats, and can help maintain healthy levels of triglycerides in the bloodstream. Turmeric extract can also protect the gastrointestinal tract and regulate secretion*.
  • Because curcumin can help support triglycerides, it promotes heart health; it can also help maintain healthy levels of LDL cholesterol and promote optimal blood vessel health*.
  • As an inflammation-supporting agent, curcumin helps improve joint comfort and promotes optimal joint health and motion*.
The Science Behind Longvida

Patent-pending SLCP™ Technology is responsible for Longvida’s amazing efficacy and success. More than a dozen research studies and clinical trials in independent labs have been completed on Longvida, all supportive of its benefits to various areas of your health and wellness. In addition, Longvida is free of harsh solvents and volatile oils; all its ingredients are "generally recognized as safe" (GRAS) food additives, natural and gentle on your body.

Longvida itself is a complex combination of the highest-quality ingredients, all brought together in a careful process that preserves their integrity and thus their efficacy. The end product, in turn, protects the curcumin from the harsh environment of the stomach, dissolving it only at the proper point of absorption in the digestive process. This helps the free form of curcumin cross into the bloodstream and reach targeted areas.
SLCP™ stands for Solid Lipid Curcumin Particle, which is the method SLCP™ Technology uses to achieve such high absorption rates. While the exact process is protected by the scientists who discovered it, the general idea is that turmeric extract uses the SLCP™ Optimized Lipophilic Matrix as a wrap-around shield, which allows it to permeate the body more effectively; the outer shell also protects the curcumin within from being prematurely dissolved by the stomach as it’s digested.

It appears that curcumin is not that expensive, comparitively
I see how it can be extracted from tumeric in a closed loop system exactly like BHO
and like BHO, using a high grade solvent and good purging practice one could make the high-quality curcumin easilly enough but not any cheaper than one could buy good quailty curcumin

transfoming it into the micro-bubbles of suspended curcumin that will travel into the blood stream and vastly increase the absorption and effectiveness in the state called liposomol curcumin is the tricky part and where the price of finished products seems to jump

though a guy with a big extractor sitting around sure could claim thats what he's up to, and my lawyer, Jay Kattz Esq. highly approves of my study of this field

bongcat.jpg
Jay Kattz, Esq.
Aturkey @ Lah

i use a product from Pure Encapsualtions called 'CurcumaSorb' which is a bioavailable form of curcumin 'phytosome'.

" CurcumaSorb formerly Meriva - CurcumaSorb delivers highly bioavailable curcumin, providing maximal support for healthy inflammatory balance, as well as musculoskeletal, digestive, liver, brain, cellular and cardiovascular health.

CurcumaSorb provides the patented Meriva® curcumin-phosphatidylcholine complex for enhanced absorption and bioavailability. The proprietary phytosome technology combines curcumin and phosphatidylcholine at a 1:2 ratio promoting resistance to degradation in the digestive tract and efficient absorption across membranes. This produces significantly higher peak plasma concentrations and larger area under concentration-time curves (AUC). In a single-dose pharmacokinetic animal study, plasma curcumin levels were 20-fold greater with Meriva® than standard curcumin. A preliminary human pharmacokinetic study demonstrated that elevations in plasma curcumin from 450 mg Meriva® were similar to values obtained from 4,000 mg of a standard curcumin extract. The efficacy of a low dose was demonstrated in a 3-month clinical trial, in which 200 mg curcuminoids from Meriva® per day maintained healthy C-reactive protein levels and provided significant benefit in joint comfort, mobility and quality of life."

better price than i'm paying for curcumin benefits. i'll check that out.

i also take phosphatidyl choline for the reasons stated by stretch. any way you look at it, these are supplements that should actually do something beneficial (not saying others don't but the research on curcumin/tumeric is pretty convincing. hope you get to where you want to be Sark.

i get mine at a "professional discount". without the discount it's like 28$ or something?

I consider Pure Encapsulations to be one of the very best brands in the world. There are a few others..too.

lip·o·some

(lĭp′ə-sōm′, lī′pə-)n. A microscopic artificial vesicle consisting of an aqueous core enclosed in phospholipid molecules, used to convey vaccines, drugs, or other substances to target tissues.

---
in the liposomal delivery system the target material is encapulated in a miniscule bubble of oil so small it passes right through the digestive wall and into the blood stream
This CurcumaSorb sounds like it does a similar, high-efficiency, delivery but if it is in a capsule and not liquid it is likely not this liposomal delivery mechanism.

But there are many bridges across a river and they all get you to the otherside...

Perhaps this work work for you, Sark, and you wouldnt have to wear safety goggles...

DrSarkience!.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.quantumbalancing.com/liposomalC.htm
another good info page on making liposomal VitC
If you are already making this then it would likely be easiest to incorporate doing liposomal curcumin and liposomal resveratrol too, because the process is basically the same...

Im going to look into extracting resveratrol, since there is a masssive amount of free just-pressed grapes in our area or the world (at least once a year) and wouldnt be too hard to find organic ones

But Im off to the doctor so she can tell me my rib is indeed still broken and there's not much to be done and itll only hurt when I breathe
I feel your pain sister :)

I had to laugh at the patented SLCP™ Technology.
IF one follows closely, it resembles the way we make butter, absorbing the Cannabinoids through the use of fats. Once in the fats, it takes longer to break down (edibles).
But, it sure did make a good, lengthy, redundant sales pitch.

I thought phosphatidylcholine was similar to lecitin in that they both contain Choline.
As I recall, we injected that subQ to dissolve lipomas, IV for larger fatty tumors, even cardiomyopathy and a few others that elude me right now. I'm wondering if the same mechanism is at play here, encapsulated around fats. I'm not quite sure the mechanism that crosses the blood-brain barrier but know that was a significant "plus."

It would be interesting to make your own butter or an oil.

For anybody dealing with cancer...another alternative is raw apricot seeds . They look like almonds but are bitter . Main ingredient that fights cancer is Vitamin B17 . Remember back in the 70`s there was Laetrile (B17)....a natural cancer killer . But because it was natural and worked...the DEA decided to ban it as being untested . So there`s this option as an additive to others . Hope it helps . Helped me ! So didn`t oil caps , radiation and prayers !!
peace

I have an abstract on laetrile Burnie.
Remember, this is an amendment to cancer meds, not a stand-alone.

Th laetrile protocol does not contain the super-nutrients which deal with reversing damage to the non-cancerous cells due to cancer (e.g. lactic acid), chemotherapy, radiation, etc.

Most cancer patients die as a result of the damage to their non-cancerous cells. This cancer protocol is not a complete protocol which deals with the most dangerous issues faced by advanced cancer patients.

Furthermore, this protocol does not have expert technical support which is the single most important factor in surviving advanced cancer. (Thanks DEA,FDA)

However, in a clinic setting, especially in Mexico, high levels of laetrile are provided in a liquid I.V. In these clinics the doctors also deal with the issues of damage to non-cancerous cells and rebuilding the immune system.

In the United States, the totally corrupt Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has again started persecuting natural medicine clinics that use liquid laetrile (i.e. B17).

Laetrile (i.e. amygdalin or Vitamin B17) therapy is one of the most popular and best known alternative cancer treatments. It is very simple to use and is very effective if used in high enough doses and if the product is of high quality and if it is combined with an effective cancer diet and key supplements (in other words, you need to do your homework to maximize its benefits).

Laetrile works by targeting and killing cancer cells and building the immune system to fend off future outbreaks of cancer. It uses two different methods for killing cancer cells. It involves a strict diet (as do all cancer treatments) and several supplements.

The FDA has made the purchase of laetrile supplements almost impossible to obtain, even though it is a perfectly natural and safe supplement. In order for a doctor to use laetrile supplements, they or their patient must “confess” to the FDA that the doctor is using laetrile in their practice. In other words, laetrile supplements are effectively illegal because no doctor wants to admit they are using laetrile.

Fortunately they are available over the Internet either as apricot kernels or pills and in some cases in liquid form.

Most people take laetrile in the form of apricot kernels. In the middle of a peach or apricot is a hard shell. If you break open the hard shell with a “nut cracker,” pliers or hammer, you will find a small seed/kernel in the middle that looks like an almond. However, it is much softer than an almond and certainly does not taste like an almond. It is this seed that is rich in natural laetrile.

If you search for “apricot kernels” (use the quotes) on Google you will be able to find a lot of vendors of apricot kernels. Be advised, however, that apricot kernel sites cannot legally make any medical claims about laetrile being used to treat cancer.

Most experts will recommend a daily dose of apricot kernels from between 24 kernels a day up to 40 kernels a day, spread throughout the day. For a person in remission, 16 apricot kernals a day should be used as a minimum.

Other things rich in laetrile are millet grain and buckwheat grain. Breads made with these grains, however, generally do not contain a high percentage of millet or buckwheat or else they would be too hard.

Also, the seeds of berry plants, such as red raspberries and black raspberries are rich in laetrile. Red raspberries also have a second cancer killer in their seeds: Ellagic Acid, a phenolic. About four dozen foods have Ellagic Acid, but Red Raspberries have the highest concentration. Strawberries also have Ellagic Acid.

This means that when you buy berry jelly, make sure you buy preserves that have the seeds. Basically, the seeds of any fruit, except citrus fruits, have laetrile.

Of course, apricot kernels are the best source of laetrile. Those who do not yet have cancer might want to plant a few apricot or peach trees in their back yard for a long term source of laetrile. The kernels can be frozen while still in the shell.

The Dr. Philip Binzel list of foods that contain laetrile include: apricot kernels, peach kernels, grape seeds, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, bean sprouts, lima beans and macadamia nuts (to name but a few).

The FDA claims that laetrile is toxic. This is an absolute lie. Read the first chapter of Alive and Well to see how absurd the FDA claim is. It is only toxic to cancer cells.

If you obtain laetrile pills, it is important to take them with natural water during a meal (i.e. with food).

When the laetrile compound molecule comes across a cancer cell, it is broken down into 2 molecules of glucose, 1 molecule of hydrogen cyanide and 1 molecule of benzaldehyde. In the early days of laetrile research it was assumed that the hydrogen cyanide molecule was the major cancer cell killing molecule, but now it is known that it is the benzaldehyde molecule that is by far the major reason the cancer cell is killed.

The reason laetrile therapy takes so long to work, in spite of the marvelous design of the laetrile molecule, is because if the laetrile molecule happens to chemically react with the enzyme of a non-cancerous cell (i.e. rhodanese), before it reacts with the enzyme of a cancerous cell (beta-glucosidase), the rhodanese will break apart the laetrile molecule in such a way that it can no longer kill a cancer cell. Thus you have to take enough laetrile molecules, over a long enough time, that enough laetrile molecules coincidentally (as far as we know) hits all of the cancer cells first.

The second way that laetrile therapy works is because of the laetrile diet. Like the metabolic diet, it is designed to build up the trypsin and chymotrypsin in the body, and let them work on the cancer cells. What they do is break down the enzymes surrounding the cancer cell so the white blood cells can identify and kill the cancer cell.

One of the good side-effects of laetrile therapy is that more Vitamin B12 is made in the body. With this in mind, make sure you supplement laetrile therapy with Vitamin C. Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 are, by themselves, a treatment for cancer.

The specific therapy that I discuss comes from the Binzel book: Alive and Well. There are other sources of a laetrile diet, but I would compare any other diet with the Binzel diet if you want to use another diet.

As with any cancer treatment, the place to start is with the “diet,” meaning the foods you can and cannot eat. The Binzel diet is very similar to the Raw Food diet. This is interesting because he was taught by Dr. Krebs himself, thus the laetrile diet probably dates back over 60 years.

It would probably be better to simply go on a Raw Food diet rather than a modified Raw Food diet (i.e. the Binzel diet). The reason is that the Binzel diet does not take into account many discoveries made about the cancer killing nutrients in vegetables and fruits. In other words, the Binzel diet does not discriminate between the best cancer killing fruits and vegetables versus the far less effective (for treating cancer) vegetables and fruits. Thus, the base diet of the Binzel plan should be the Raw Food diet.

The Raw Food Diet

The question then becomes, how do we enhance the Raw Food diet to take into account laetrile. There are several ways. First, give preference in the Raw Food diet to those fruits (i.e. seeds), grains and nuts (e.g. almonds and macadamia) that are rich in laetrile. Mix these items with the Raw Food diet items.

Second, make sure you get the nutrients that are necessary in order for laetrile to work:

1) zinc (which is the transport mechanism for laetrile),

2) Vitamin C (build up to 6 grams a day),

3) manganese,

4) magnesium,

5) selenium,

6) Vitamins B6, B9 and B12,

7) Vitamin A,

8) Vitamin E (at least 2,000 I.U.)

~Vendors~

B17 USA Vendor of B17 Capsules (500 mg of B17 per capsule) – they ship worldwide
Apricot Power Vendor of Apricot Kernels
Apricots From God Vendor of Apricot Kernels
Our Fathers Farm Vendor of Apricot Kernels – Canada – Will Sell in Shell on Request
Cytopharma Online Cytopharma Online – Mexico
Peng Time Corporation Peng Time Corporation – China

~Literature~
Philip E. Binzel, Jr., M.D. Laetrile – Book Alive and Well
Anti-Cancer Info Laetrile – Excellent Site
Robert Cathey Laetrile – Original Research – Magnificent Site
Smart Drugs Laetrile – Superb Scientific Article
Good Bye Cancer Laetrile Information and a Discussion Group

5) selenium,
there are extremely few natural food sources for selenium but it plays impotant roles in immune system and health

it is said (3) Brazil Nuts a day contain 1200% of the usrda of nutritional selenium

Sure great info there Budmiser!

i had never heard of resveratrol until this thread and oddly enough while i was reading about knotweed the author mentioned it as a common source. i've got a forest of this stuff growing and it's supposed to taste like a lemony asparagus. :dunno:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallopia_japonica
Knotweed.jpg

Reactions: mre
^^^ Exactly East Coast - an excellent source of Resveratrol. It's the root you want, and it's best in the spring, so perfect right now! Nice picture for those looking to ID the plant. I think the shoots can be eaten like rhubarb in the spring as well.

Stephen Buhner is renowned for use of resveratrol, Japanese Knotweed whole root in particular, not just the compound itself, as the cornerstone of his Lyme Protocol.

Couple links:
http://planetthrive.com/2010/09/wild-harvesting-japanese-knotweed/
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com/basics/extracting-resveratrol/

Back