Light Controller Question

Xochipilli

I need a light controller. Im looking at the Helio's brand, but am wondering if there is another brand that people here use and can recommend? I see that some come with built in timers, and some dont -- not sure what the pros and cons are with that.

It depends on how many lights you are running?

Will they all be on the same time schedule?

Are your ballast 120 Volt or, 240 or, possibly switchable?

I have 2 of the Powerbox DPC-7500-240V .

The model I have has 6 - 240 volt outlets.

4 that will always be on what you set the timer options at ( Although it has a Manual and Auto setting as well) The programing literally would allow you to set a different time setting for everyday of the week.

The other 2 are switchable you can either include them in the timer setting or run them 24 hours (obviously you could also add additional external timers to them ).

My model has a 240 Volt plug-in that plugs into a electric dryer/stove outlet.

Powerbox has several models depending on how many outlets you need, 120 or 240 volt, or a combination of 240/120 volt.

Google Powerbox for more options.

Here is a link to mine and a few more options on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Powerbox+DPC-7500-240V

With that said I am mostly an outdoor grower , Although I have quite a few indoor toys (equipment).

These are very reliable timers unlike some of the cheaper external wall plug-in timers

I always used the Helio's, both 4 and 8. Never had any problems with them. As for the timers, I would go with the models without. The ones without have a 120 line to plug into an external timer. If something is going to break, its going to be that little timer. Better to be an easy cheap fix by getting a external new timer than have to scrap a entire unit over a bad internal timer :puffpuffpass:

Schwilly,

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

I have never had an issues with the built in timers in my Powerbox's 1 of them I have had for about 8 years.

Over the years (30 +) plenty of failures with the external timers.

If you want reliability in my opinion go with a built in timer.

If you can be there to check on it twice a day go with the cheapy external. (doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a timer ?)

The other thing is without the built in timers why pay for a box ? It is fairly simple to wire and make your own.

Last edited:
Went with this
[emoji106]

5fbf72cb4d96886fb9742a9bd67f6c50.jpg

751936fa854ba74735e10ea3cd4f0185.jpg

c813efb9f0f04639917c9f7a13327518.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back