Let the adventure begin!

Kurious

IMG_20200509_165050099_HDR.jpg

Just obtained 4 Gorilla Glue clones. Thought they would look nice in the back yard.

IMG_20200509_165137303_HDR.jpg

Plan is to eventually get them moved into 15 gal. smart pots. Not sure how this is going to work. Only 1 other outdoor crop under my belt. Plenty of hydro and coco experience.

Going to start on a mix of peat moss, vermiculite and perlite. Have some Happy Frog powdered nutes and some GH Micro and Bloom.

Will try and keep thread updated with results good or bad. Any helpful tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Especially if they keep me from foul ups.

Kurious

You're on the right track curious..I'd recommend larger smart pots then 15 gallons..
I was just about to say the exact same thing that Brother Rosso said...Last summer my friend NBBG grew some massive plants in 30 gallon smart pots and he still had to water them everyday about half way through the season...Good luck to you and your grow and take care n stay safe.

Thanks Ribs..use to go with the 100 gallon smart pots..not necessary since I like smaller plants..it just make my life a bit easier..30 gallon is perfect..less headaches with mold and PM..also better yield..

Thanks for the larger pot suggestions. You guy are right. I'm going to take it easy on myself this time around. Not getting any younger. Want to see how manageable the 15 gal are. If I can get 4 nice plants in the end I will be extremely happy. Call me pessimistic but I can see a lot of things going wrong. Will have enough paranoia being in an unfriendly state. But the hell with it. Going to space them out in the back yard. Only way to see them is from above.

Never thought about doing them in coco. Wouldn't you have to rinse out the salts first?

Kurious

What salts need rinsing out?

Using Canna compressed blocks they just need rehydration and some trichoderma in it

Canna coco! Never could get the good stuff. Any coco available had a ppm of 300 to 400 after running RO water through it the first time.

IMG_20200513_150715723.jpg

Up potted to 2 gal. smart pots. Soil mix 2,1,1 peat moss, perlite, vermiculite. Fed with lite nute mix of 5 mm GH Micro and 5 mm Grow per gal. Plants were getting root bound and new growth was a lite green in color. Hope all went well. Root balls fell apart in process. It was like trying to hold sand together. New soil mix doesn't appear to be much tighter.

Kurious

Back