LED vs HPS

See how the secondary metabolites change on specific clones under LED compared to bulbs. Some go up and some go down.
Everyone focuses on thc, but when I flower under metal halides (I know, not hps, but better spectrum closer to sunlight than led or hps) I often see 5-10 trace cannabinoids in many strains that produce a narrower range under hps or leds.

Sunlight has a wide spectrum of uv through far infrared, while all bulbs (mh, cmh, hps, fluorescent even) produce the infrareds far into the 2000nm region (plants use this energy too), leds stop around 700-800nm at best. This may not be essential for basic plant growth but it does do "something" and I think it's mainly influencing the finer nuances in genetic expressions.

A mixed light garden does really well, too.

Those ratchet straps hanging down into your plants are driving me crazy lol, but your plants look very nice and healthy!

I’ll tell you what drives me crazy. 57 F water coming in that is under 7 pH.,.nobody should drink Pueblo water ever.

That will test your skills while they try one retard idea after the next. Pretty soon you don’t notice the shit that don’t matter

Thank god for @CustomHydro and Grow clean

I see about a 20% decrease in powerbill. The problem is you know have to pound dehuey chugging power, shooting out heat 247, that then the ac runs more. So you can knock a 1200 power Bill month down to 850-900. But now all your shits chugging 247 to deal with rh that the bulbs used to burn off during lights on and you only had to run dehuey usually during lights off set to 55. Giving you gear a break.

Last edited:
Also of the old clones From the late 90z to 2000z dont like the leds. Found alot of old ogs and vintage cutts dont perform well like the stars they were under hps. So I just hunted down new finds found under led for led..aka dessert mids. Kinda like before led alot of clones you found indoor under HIDS looked like leafy dumpster trash outside and viseversa if found outdoors.. most not all.

Dessert mids luv led.. my suspicions Is from the gsc was light sensitive and yielded better under a 400 then a 1000 hps .Same with the white and other weirdos

Last edited:
Also of the old clones From the late 90z to 2000z dont like the leds. Found alot of old ogs and vintage cutts dont perform well like the stars they were under hps. So I just hunted down new finds found under led for led..aka dessert mids. Kinda like before led alot of clones you found indoor under HIDS looked like leafy dumpster trash outside and viseversa if found outdoors.. most not all.

Dessert mids luv led.. my suspicions Is from the gsc was light sensitive and yielded better under a 400 then a 1000 hps .Same with the white and other weirdos
I agree with the gsc statement that thing hated direct light. Always better results under less intense lights or lights further away from canopy

Back